Madden 19

MacReady

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

One thing I've always imagined, but not sure how realistic/possible it would be, is if they had kind of an NFL version of MyPark.  Say you had 7 on 7s (QB1, RB, and 3 WRs).  That would probably be hard to pull off, but it would be dope.  I'd love that kind of immersion with an NFL game.

I was literally coming in here to mention this.  My absolute favorite thing about NBA 2K or NBA Live is that you can take a created player and play with him online with and against other people's created players.  Due to the game of basketball, this is really easy to pull off (granted, the balance is absolutely terrible at times), and it's really fun.

There used to be this game called Madden Arcade for the PS3 and Xbox 360.  It was a 5v5 game.  One offensive lineman who snaps the ball and blocks, a running back, two receivers and a QB.  The other team was made up of one defensive lineman, a linebacker, two CBs and one safety.  It would be cool if you could take a MyPlayer and play online under that premise. 

I think that would take Madden to the next level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I didn't notice it at first, but there was actually another one they showed with different options.  I'll post it down below.

Also, do you know if you can play as more than a QB in the career mode?  Seems like the mode is tailored around being the QB, which makes sense because they're involved in every play.

qb1-face-edit-advanced-2.png.adapt.crop1

You can play other positions but you won't get the starting in college, being in the draft or certain details in the story if I remember correctly, you'll still get the random events though... Whatever those end up being.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I would have liked to play CB or FS.  I tried that in Madden 19 with a created player and the problem was there were way too many plays that I wasn't involved in and it just became boring over time.

In this mode, I'm wondering how much freedom you have to create your QB.  As in, are there stiff penalties for making a mobile QB (throwing accuracy, etc ratings lowered).  I know they're lowered, but I wonder if it's enough to deter me from making one.  Mobile QB's are always a pain because you have to always have a person QB spying, which means they're not rushing the passer.

I just hope that stats for simmed games in franchise mode actually account for mobile QBs again... In Madden 19 I've played dozens of franchises and all together easily well over 100 seasons and have literally never seen any QB have over 100 yards rushing in a season. Mobile QBs in franchise are literally useless if you sim the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I just hope that stats for simmed games in franchise mode actually account for mobile QBs again... In Madden 19 I've played dozens of franchises and all together easily well over 100 seasons and have literally never seen any QB have over 100 yards rushing in a season. Mobile QBs in franchise are literally useless if you sim the games.

This.  It was really annoying.

Simmed stats in general have been a huge issue in Madden.  I'm not expecting it to be 100% accurate, but it's annoying how out of whack things can be.  For example, guys like Elliott and Gurley average something like 1800-1900 rushing yards a season.  80% of the QBs seem to have 35-40 TDs to 10 INTs.  The most receiving yards a WR will have in a season is typically something like 1200.  And like you said, mobile QBs never seem to run the ball.  At most they might have 100 rushing yards, if that.

They made some improvements to franchise mode last year, so hearing everything so far has me optimistic.  Statistics and the path to the draft are two things they haven't discussed yet that I would like to see upgraded still.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

Anyone who pre-order's the normal edition of Madden 20 ($59.99) will get these bonuses:

preorder.jpg

If you pre-order the superstar edition ($79.99), you get these bonuses: 

superstar1.jpg

If you get the superstar edition you just get more stuff for MUT and you get the game three days earlier.

I was really concerned for a second that you needed to pre-order the superstar edition to get the unique QB legend superstar ability trait.  Tough to say which one of those three would be the best until people start playing the game.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/gridiron-notes-5-10

1. How are the abilities different than ratings and Madden 08 weapons?

What sets Zone and Superstar abilities apart is that they are NOT ratings mods. They are binary, black-and-white, player skills and behaviors. You’ll know exactly what they’re doing. For example, with Patrick Mahomes Dashing Deadeye you will have perfect passing accuracy when throwing on the run when outside the pocket, excluding high/low throws and cross-body throws. The counter to this ability is to apply pressure to Mahomes, which will also negate his perfect passing accuracy benefit. Being under pressure means that a defender is in close proximity to your quarterback. In-game feedback will let you know when your quarterback is under pressure. As a reminder, all abilities are built with counters in mind whether it be another player’s abilities or user-controlled skill.

2. Will every team have an X-Factor and/or Superstar?

Yes, every team will have at least one X-Factor or Superstar. For example, Xavien Howard is the only Superstar on the Miami Dolphins. He will not have a Zone ability but will have a Superstar ability at launch (he could become an X-Factor)!

3. How will these change post-launch with Roster Updates?

It will be similar to what we do with Ratings, however, it won’t be alongside the same weekly cadence as ratings. As we identify players that are overachieving or underachieving, we will tune abilities accordingly. In addition, new players will join and leave the X-Factor/Superstar list as the season progresses. Since these ability changes will alter the meta more significantly than roster updates, we will do our best to make these changes AFTER larger tournaments have concluded. This will allow the proper amount of time for people to adjust their strategies around these changes while also providing a more predictable time period for changes to occur.

4. Limits on Lurking LBs: How does it work when you sub a DB into a LB position?

Currently, those players will be treated as a DB and have spec catch abilities. However, we have limited the number of formations where you can sub a DB into a LB spot and are actively working towards creating a bigger risk for doing this when trying to defend running plays.

5. How many positions will be supported with Abilities?

In Ultimate Team, all positions will have Superstar abilities. For base rosters and H2H, offensive line, kickers, and punters will be the only positions that DO NOT have any abilities available.

6. How will feedback about the abilities be surfaced during the game? How will we know what abilities are doing what?

There is in-game UI feedback tied to your player indicator. There is an icon underneath each player that is either a X-Factor or Superstar. The icons will have effects based on the activation of abilities.

• Like 1

Interesting we can sub DBs into LB spots now. 

I use to do this all the time back in Madden 10-12 I think? The formation was called 46 Speed. Just ran it all day. If my opponent ran heavily I’d just switch to 46 Normal but that was a rarity. 

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

I wonder how useful some of these abilities will be.  Like, the bazooka skill sounds cool... but how often is someone going to need to launch an 80 yard ball in Madden lol 

Can you post a list of the skills?  I haven't seen them yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 2:26 PM, iknowcool said:

I wonder how useful some of these abilities will be.  Like, the bazooka skill sounds cool... but how often is someone going to need to launch an 80 yard ball in Madden lol 

When I make a Rex Grossman superstar, obviously 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, BayRaider said:

Interesting we can sub DBs into LB spots now. 

I use to do this all the time back in Madden 10-12 I think? The formation was called 46 Speed. Just ran it all day. If my opponent ran heavily I’d just switch to 46 Normal but that was a rarity. 

You can sub DBs into MLBs in 19.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little torn on how I feel after seeing the EA play Madden stuff...

I like the new plays and RPOs and all that but the x factor abilities seriously seem like the gameplay is taking a more arcade style approach and I don't like that at all...

Edited by rob_shadows

I'm still watching the EA Play Madden 20 presentation.  These new x factor abilities look really interesting.  Here's Patrick Mahomes' ability called Bazooka.  To trigger this, you have to complete four passes of 30 yards or more.  That means the ball has to travel 30 yards in the air, not dumpoff passes or anything like that.  I believe he can throw the ball 80 yards once this ability is active.  It was also confirmed this is exclusive to only him.

oBlMus7.jpg