Madden 19

MacReady

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They said they are trying to turn Franchise into more of a RPG, FML. 

If done right, it could be a good idea.  If done poorly, it could be a disaster.    I'm not saying full fledged RPG...but RPG elements integrated into player and HOPEFULLY, coach and scout development.  

The Madden series has actually had RPG elements in franchise since its inception....going back to the training camp drills where you took players through certain drills, gained development points, and decided where to apply them on players....and that was a beloved feature.

As always, implementation is key.  I dont trust EA, so my faith in them doing it well is low.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If done right, it could be a good idea.  If done poorly, it could be a disaster.    I'm not saying full fledged RPG...but RPG elements integrated into player and HOPEFULLY, coach and scout development.  

The Madden series has actually had RPG elements in franchise since its inception....going back to the training camp drills where you took players through certain drills, gained development points, and decided where to apply them on players....and that was a beloved feature.

As always, implementation is key.  I dont trust EA, so my faith in them doing it well is low.

The current XP system is god awful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The current XP system is god awful. 

Yeah...not a fan of it either, but it could be done better.

Madden has much bigger problems, though.:|

Haven't bought Madden since Madden 10. 

Kinda want to get Madden 20
Kinda know that it's published by EA and it's running on the Frostbyte engine so it's 99% going to be a garbage game and that If I do I'll fall into the same trap that has others have been for years.

• Like 1

I believe this is indeed official.  Someone said this information was shared on a Madden stream.  Here's some text for people who are at work and school and cannot click on the article I linked below.

EA Sports is launching a huge overhaul to their player ratings system marking the first time in years they are tinkering with the established system, Madden School reports.

In the past, we’ve always seen something like superstars being rated in the 90s, solid starters being rated in the 80s, and backups in the 70s and 60s. That system is no more!

In Madden 20, you will see starters with overall ratings as low as 50. That means that there will be a much bigger spread and we could see some 3rd stringers as low as 20 overall.

Initial community reaction has been mixed. Many fan favorites will see their player go from an overall player rating in the 80s to a player rating in the 60s in Madden 20.

One of the big positives for this change is that it gives a longer road for progression. In the past, you could draft an 85 overall quarterback in franchise mode and if you had a good couple seasons, he could be a 99 overall by his 23rd birthday. At that point, you really couldn’t progress any further.

Other small changes to the Madden NFL 20 franchise mode will include a new development system called, “X-Factor.” The development traits you will see in this year’s game will be: Normal, Star, Superstar, and X-Factor.

You will still be able to increase your development trait in Madden 20, but this year you will no longer see development trait decreases following a poor season.

The progression process in Madden 20 has also be tweaked to allow more players the opportunity to earn XP but details on that are still somewhat limited.

https://stickskills.com/2019/05/02/madden-20-player-ratings-will-be-much-different-than-before/

For a supposed franchise overhaul, there's a glaring lack of additions to the mode. And until they make coaches and Scouts actually matter a whole hell of a lot more, the mode will remain garbage.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

For a supposed franchise overhaul, there's a glaring lack of additions to the mode.

I mean, we just hit May.  They have a ton more news to release as the game gets closer to release.  I'm assuming we'll hear a lot more this month and next month during E3.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

If that ratings system change is true that's going to take some real getting used to

This isn't directed at you, but this is literally what everyone wanted for so long.  People who play franchise were complaining (and rightfully so) about how there isn't any real noticeable progression from players because everyone is rated too highly.  Draft picks are rated too highly, etc.  This will also make it more noticeable for the truly elite players who are rated much higher than the average player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

This isn't directed at you, but this is literally what everyone wanted for so long.  People who play franchise were complaining (and rightfully so) about how there isn't any real noticeable progression from players because everyone is rated too highly.  Draft picks are rated too highly, etc.  This will also make it more noticeable for the truly elite players who are rated much higher than the average player.

Oh I'm not saying it's going to be a bad thing, just going to have to get use to a player that's say a 70 overall being a solid starter instead of being a position you need to upgrade.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, showtime said:

Here are some of the sale numbers from previous Madden games on PS4 and Xbox One.  I'm not able to find Madden 19 PC sales at the moment.

Madden 19:  3.72 million sales

Madden 18:  4.53 million sales

Madden 17:  5.72 million sales - It's worth nothing, this was the last year Madden was made for 360/PS3 where it sold about 720,000 copies = 6.4 million sales total

Madden 16:  5.77 million sales - The game also sold 1.82 million on the 360/PS3 as well = 7.59 million sales total

So as you can see, sales have steadily dipped for the franchise every year for the past four games.  PC sales may have messed with this number slightly, but the numbers follow the trend over years.

Y’alls boycott actually did something, damn 

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I mean, we just hit May.  They have a ton more news to release as the game gets closer to release.  I'm assuming we'll hear a lot more this month and next month during E3.

But they just did their franchise blog.  Usually, they divulge the major additions in those.  

I simply dont trust EA to live up to the hype....because they never do.

• Like 1