Madden 19

MacReady

I'm just curious, is anyone here actually planning on getting Madden 20?  If not, then there's no point in me posting actual news or anything else about the game - I'll just go somewhere else and do that.  I actually want to discuss the game, which playbooks people are looking forward to, sleeper teams to use online and in franchise mode, etc. Not just constantly read about how the game and EA sucks.  I'm not saying we can't post about how much EA sucks, I'm just saying I won't post in here anymore if that's what the majority of the conversation will continue to be about.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm just curious, is anyone here actually planning on getting Madden 20?  If not, then there's no point in me posting actual news or anything else about the game - I'll just go somewhere else and do that.  I actually want to discuss the game, which playbooks people are looking forward to, sleeper teams to use online and in franchise mode, etc. Not just constantly read about how the game and EA sucks.  I'm not saying we can't post about how much EA sucks, I'm just saying I won't post in here anymore if that's what the majority of the conversation will continue to be about.

Try Operation Sports for Madden talk.  That's probably the only place Madden and EA aren't constantly bashed...mostly because its run by Madden fanboys who will ban you if you critique it too much.

And I don't know how any respectable gamer or football fan can just blindly by buy Madden every year.  Power to you if that's your prerogative, but there is a reason EA and Madden have the reputations they do.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

23 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Try Operation Sports for Madden talk.  That's probably the only place Madden and EA aren't constantly bashed...mostly because its run by Madden fanboys who will ban you if you critique it too much.

And I don't know how any respectable gamer or football fan can just blindly by buy Madden every year.  Power to you if that's your prerogative, but there is a reason EA and Madden have the reputations they do.

Madden is bashed on OS.  It's just that the people who do it there actually play the game. There was a huge thread last year regarding CB play and how it had gotten better, but it's still far off from where it needs to be.  People were bashing it hard in that thread, but then other people were offering suggestions on how to improve it, what schemes to run to cover up some of the flaws, etc.

This is the only thread on this entire forum where the majority of the people who post about this game don't even play it.

Like that new Star Wars game was announced to be coming out this year.  I made one post in that thread saying that because EA is making the game that makes me not want to buy it because of their greedy business practices.  They'll probably have some type of microtransaction crap in that game that ruins it like they did with Star Wars Battlefront 2.  But I don't constantly post that over and over again, like people in this thread do.

How are people who buy Madden blind?  They do so because they enjoy the game.  I enjoy playing sports games - I always have.  Do the games have issues... yes.  But I still enjoy playing them.  Just because you don't buy or play the games doesn't mean that others who do are blindly buying them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

But they just did their franchise blog.  Usually, they divulge the major additions in those.  

I simply dont trust EA to live up to the hype....because they never do.

They did the superstar QB1 blog which is run in the franchise system. They already anounced more franchise stuff will be revealed in two weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Madden is bashed on OS.  It's just that the people who do it there actually play the game. There was a huge thread last year regarding CB play and how it had gotten better, but it's still far off from where it needs to be.  People were bashing it hard in that thread, but then other people were offering suggestions on how to improve it, what schemes to run to cover up some of the flaws, etc.

This is the only thread on this entire forum where the majority of the people who post about this game don't even play it.

Like that new Star Wars game was announced to be coming out this year.  I made one post in that thread saying that because EA is making the game that makes me not want to buy it because of their greedy business practices.  They'll probably have some type of microtransaction crap in that game that ruins it like they did with Star Wars Battlefront 2.  But I don't constantly post that over and over again, like people in this thread do.

How are people who buy Madden blind?  They do so because they enjoy the game.  I enjoy playing sports games - I always have.  Do the games have issues... yes.  But I still enjoy playing them.  Just because you don't buy or play the games doesn't mean that others who do are blindly buying them.

If you enjoy it, fine....but if its an automatic first-day purchase every year before you even really know the quality...yes, you're blindly throwing money at EA, which is largely why the game has stagnated in mediocrity so long.  Not you specifically, but the overall mindset of paying $60 every year for marginal upgrades....the same amount it costs for high quality triple A games that were in development for 5 years.

You can feel however you want about Madden...I'm just saying that most of the ire directed at it is well deserved....not just hating for the sake of hating.

17 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

They did the superstar QB1 blog which is run in the franchise system. They already anounced more franchise stuff will be revealed in two weeks.

When did they announce that?  Do you have a link?  Because EA themselves stated the franchise and QB1 blog were May 2nd, and the gameplay blog was going to come a few weeks after that?

If there is more franchise info, great, but I will be shocked if any more MAJOR additions are announced.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

When did they announce that?  Do you have a link?  Because EA themselves stated the franchise and QB1 blog were May 2nd, and the gameplay blog was going to come a few weeks after that?

If there is more franchise info, great, but I will be shocked if any more MAJOR additions are announced.

It was on the stream. And they still have three months to go so they won't release everything at once. With EA they anounce the marketable additions which may or may not be the major additions from a player standpoint. 

Next week will be more about the superstar abilities and i believe they said there will be more about other franchise things. Then in two weeks Ultimate team and in three weeks gameplay. Then you still have the E3 and other thing where they will anounce some things.

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If you enjoy it, fine....but if its an automatic first-day purchase every year before you even really know the quality...yes, you're blindly throwing money at EA, which is largely why the game has stagnated in mediocrity so long.  Not you specifically, but the overall mindset of paying $60 every year for marginal upgrades....the same amount it costs for high quality triple A games that were in development for 5 years.

You can feel however you want about Madden...I'm just saying that most of the ire directed at it is well deserved....not just hating for the sake of hating.

They should really go away from the once a year release schedule and go to a subscription based service because it lets the developers keep improving the current game instead of having to switch to a new title and coming up with new big things the higher ups deem Marketable. 

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I'll probably be getting it, intrigued by the new career mode.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

If you are buying Madden every year just because it’s NFL, yes you are blindly buying it. Because it does sound like you would buy an NFL game regardless if company because you enjoy sports games. 

It’s a known fact Madden isn’t on par with any sports franchise. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

If you are buying Madden every year just because it’s NFL, yes you are blindly buying it. Because it does sound like you would buy an NFL game regardless if company because you enjoy sports games. 

It’s a known fact Madden isn’t on par with any sports franchise. 

Okay so, Madden sucks.  Madden isn't on par with other sports games.  EA is garbage.  The game is garbage every year.  Blah Blah blah.

How many more times or different ways does this need to be said?  It's literally been said all the time over and over.  Just say it and leave.  You're clearly not going to get the game, so why do you post in here about the game?  (not you specifically, just saying in general).  That makes no sense.

I don't play Days Gone... So guess what?  In the Days Gone thread here in the video game forum...... I don't post in there.  I know that seems pretty insane.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I’ll likely buy it. Stop channeling 2009 tyty tho

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Okay so, Madden sucks.  Madden isn't on par with other sports games.  EA is garbage.  The game is garbage every year.  Blah Blah blah.

How many more times or different ways does this need to be said?  It's literally been said all the time over and over.  Just say it and leave.  You're clearly not going to get the game, so why do you post in here about the game?  (not you specifically, just saying in general).  That makes no sense.

I don't play Days Gone... So guess what?  In the Days Gone thread here in the video game forum...... I don't post in there.  I know that seems pretty insane.

Because things need to be said over and over to inspire change. Big companies don’t do anything unless there is enough voices. Plus all the criticism isn’t just blind criticism, it’s about a new feature that really lacks or reintroduced feature, etc. 

It’s a forum, people can voice their opinion. EA is the scum of the video game world and it shouldn’t be brushed underneath a rug for your sake.