Madden 19

MacReady

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because things need to be said over and over to inspire change. Big companies don’t do anything unless there is enough voices. Plus all the criticism isn’t just blind criticism, it’s about a new feature that really lacks or reintroduced feature, etc. 

It’s a forum, people can voice their opinion. EA is the scum of the video game world and it shouldn’t be brushed underneath a rug for your sake. 

There is a difference between constructive criticism of EA and Madden; and indirectly attacking people who buy the game (i.e. gamers blindly buying it/blindly throwing money at EA)  because you don't like it. You telling me your issues with the game isn't going to change my mind just like me telling you, to play the game the way I do, won't guarantee more enjoyment for you.

You telling me you aren't buying the game is akin to someone on twitter saying they haven't seen an episode of Game of Thrones. 

I just scroll on by. 

29 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

There is a difference between constructive criticism of EA and Madden; and indirectly attacking people who buy the game (i.e. gamers blindly buying it/blindly throwing money at EA)  because you don't like it. You telling me your issues with the game isn't going to change my mind just like me telling you, to play the game the way I do, won't guarantee more enjoyment for you.

You telling me you aren't buying the game is akin to someone on twitter saying they haven't seen an episode of Game of Thrones. 

I just scroll on by. 

@showtime is the one who quotes people getting angry when someone criticizes the game which led to my reply. It gets old. We can criticize the game. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because things need to be said over and over to inspire change. Big companies don’t do anything unless there is enough voices. Plus all the criticism isn’t just blind criticism, it’s about a new feature that really lacks or reintroduced feature, etc. 

It’s a forum, people can voice their opinion. EA is the scum of the video game world and it shouldn’t be brushed underneath a rug for your sake. 

Nobody is saying the game can't be criticized. Criticizing the game is good.  My issue is, there are certain people that pretty much only post in here to criticize the game and the majority of people who are doing it do not play the game and will not buy the game.  It's like, okay.... You've said that same criticism of the game 20 times.  We all have read it and get it.  

This is supposed to be a thread for people who play the game to talk about it.  But like 90% of post made in this thread are talking about how bad the game is (repeating the same exact stuff over and over again) and are made by people who don't even play the game.  So if that takes up the majority of conversation in this thread, what about someone like me who wants to discuss the best plays to run, how to stop X play, what are some underrated teams to use online, etc.  Those type of conversations get drowned out because of the 10 people who post in this thread, 7-8 of them don't even play Madden.

Anyways, I'm not going to continue to have this back and forth.  This is my last post about this topic.  If you all want to turn this thread into a complain thread, so be it.  I'll continue to post news and stuff regarding the game since this Madden is undergoing several changes and putting in some new features.

• Like 2

Here's a question from a Q/A they did about the draft:

The draft is always going to be something that needs work in Madden in some way, but I’m wondering how annoying it’s going to be to have to wait to find out a player’s development trait?

You get a payoff knowing that you have someone special. You will know they have an X-Factor or Superstar ability because you will see a hidden dev ability on their player card and on the lineup screen you will see the golden background to signify that this player has an abilities dev trait. You will know immediately this will be someone that can be a game-changing player for you. This player won’t have access to his X-Factor/Superstar abilities until they reach the downs threshold.

Wonder how long it takes to have access to that ability and if it's the same for everyone, or is the number randomized. 

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I just scroll on by. 

Attacking?  

So sick of the thin skinned BS on here.  I didn't attack anyone.  I stated a well known fact...alot of people blindly buy the game, and willingly throw $60 at the game EVERY YEAR regardless of whether the game improved or not.  That's a straight up fact.  If people enjoy the game and choose to do that, so be it...but those people are also the exact reason why the game is in the shape it's in.  

Let's face it....most people dont buy this game every year because its good... they buy it because it's the only NFL game and because people want to play with their friends.  I get it...but so does EA, and that's why they put such a weak effort into the game every year.  Why improve it much when people are going to buy it pretty much no matter what?

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Nobody is saying the game can't be criticized. Criticizing the game is good.  My issue is, there are certain people that pretty much only post in here to criticize the game and the majority of people who are doing it do not play the game and will not buy the game.  It's like, okay.... You've said that same criticism of the game 20 times.  We all have read it and get it.  

This is supposed to be a thread for people who play the game to talk about it.  But like 90% of post made in this thread are talking about how bad the game is (repeating the same exact stuff over and over again) and are made by people who don't even play the game.  So if that takes up the majority of conversation in this thread, what about someone like me who wants to discuss the best plays to run, how to stop X play, what are some underrated teams to use online, etc.  Those type of conversations get drowned out because of the 10 people who post in this thread, 7-8 of them don't even play Madden.

Anyways, I'm not going to continue to have this back and forth.  This is my last post about this topic.  If you all want to turn this thread into a complain thread, so be it.  I'll continue to post news and stuff regarding the game since this Madden is undergoing several changes and putting in some new features.

It's a thread discussing the game and its quality.  If the game didn't have the same problems every single year, we wouldn't be saying the same things every single year. So sick of that tired argument.

I want the game to be good... Doesn't have to be perfect, but it's nowhere close to where it should be. And no I don't have unrealistic expectations... but it's sad that games that are over a decade old are even remotely comparable to current Madden outside of graphics.

Bottom line... The naysayers have just as much right to be here as the Fanboys. You find our complaining annoying... we find your enabling of mediocrity annoying. Something we both have to deal with.

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Attacking?  

So sick of the thin skinned BS on here.  I didn't attack anyone.  I stated a well known fact...alot of people blindly buy the game, and willingly throw $60 at the game EVERY YEAR regardless of whether the game improved or not.  That's a straight up fact.  If people enjoy the game and choose to do that, so be it...but those people are also the exact reason why the game is in the shape it's in.  

Let's face it....most people dont buy this game every year because its good... they buy it because it's the only NFL game and because people want to play with their friends.  I get it...but so does EA, and that's why they put such a weak effort into the game every year.  Why improve it much when people are going to buy it pretty much no matter what?

I specifically said indirectly for a reason, sure you didn't attack any one person. But that is the point. Your criticism of a large group of people as being blind sure doesn't seem like a criticism of the game, more the people who buy/like a game you don't.  If I was so 'thin skinned' I would've addressed this sooner with the offenders who have done it in the past. But I'm not a mod of this forum nor am I implying rules were broken. In this instance 2 people on one page made the same generalized "blind' gamers reference and I just happen to see it and felt like saying something. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

About damn time they gave you actual options for player creation

I didn't notice it at first, but there was actually another one they showed with different options.  I'll post it down below.

Also, do you know if you can play as more than a QB in the career mode?  Seems like the mode is tailored around being the QB, which makes sense because they're involved in every play.

qb1-face-edit-advanced-2.png.adapt.crop1

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I didn't notice it at first, but there was actually another one they showed with different options.  I'll post it down below.

Also, do you know if you can play as more than a QB in the career mode?  Seems like the mode is tailored around being the QB, which makes sense because they're involved in every play.

qb1-face-edit-advanced-2.png.adapt.crop1

I remember one video I watched saying that the franchise/career mode is QB only (natural progression from Longshot?)

2 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I remember one video I watched saying that the franchise/career mode is QB only (natural progression from Longshot?)

I would have liked to play CB or FS.  I tried that in Madden 19 with a created player and the problem was there were way too many plays that I wasn't involved in and it just became boring over time.

In this mode, I'm wondering how much freedom you have to create your QB.  As in, are there stiff penalties for making a mobile QB (throwing accuracy, etc ratings lowered).  I know they're lowered, but I wonder if it's enough to deter me from making one.  Mobile QB's are always a pain because you have to always have a person QB spying, which means they're not rushing the passer.

20 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

The QB1 storyline which is the College and combine thing is only for QB. For all other positions its just the same as the past few years.

I thought so.  Maybe if this works out well and is fun to play, they can add other positions next year and experiment with those.

I wonder if this mode will be sort of 'grindy' if they start you with a low overall and you have to work your way up over a long period of time to become a great player.

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

I thought so.  Maybe if this works out well and is fun to play, they can add other positions next year and experiment with those.

I wonder if this mode will be sort of 'grindy' if they start you with a low overall and you have to work your way up over a long period of time to become a great player.

IMO, it would be kind of difficult to do a story/MyPlayer-esque thing with other positions.  Doable I reckon, but I'm okay with them doing QB.  I think that's the only position the vast majority of people would want to use in that kind of a setting.

One thing I've always imagined, but not sure how realistic/possible it would be, is if they had kind of an NFL version of MyPark (MyField lol).  Say you had 7 on 7s (QB1, RB, and 3 WRs).  It might be hard to pull off, but it would be dope if they did.   

I'm excited they are finally adding player customization options.  And I hope it isn't for just the QB1 story.  One of my biggest gripes with previous Maddens has been the lack of customization and underwhelming presentation.  I'm not sure what their goals are for presentation with this Madden, but I'm hoping for a more authentic feel of an NFL game.  Sometimes I feel like that's lacking.  I'd like if they brought back crowd noise affecting plays, similar to in NCAA.

Edited by iknowcool