Madden 19

MacReady

When you play as a QB, you can now press a button that takes away the passing icons of all your receivers, so now the QB has access to all of the regular ball carrying moves - spins, jukes, etc while in the backfield to avoid pressure sacks or to run with the ball.  And at anytime, you can push that button again to bring up all the receiving icons.

That makes QB's like Cam, Wilson, Lamar Jackson, etc so much more better and the game should be much more fluid for QB's who like to scramble.

They also said you can now pump fake it to a specific receiver by double pressing the button and you can also bring throws back down if you think you made a poor decision.  Cool stuff.

• Like 1

I was expecting big things for the 20th edition of Madden this century... but this release feels as mellow as Madden 19. 

When are we gonna get a new gameplay engine/gameplay overhaul?

When are we gonna get a new franchise mode built from scratch, as the current one has been awful since like Madden 07. 

When will we get ESPN NFL 2K style presentation? 

All so frustrating. 

I’ll probably get the game with my cash back rewards, but man, highly disappointing. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was expecting big things for the 20th edition of Madden this century... but this release feels as mellow as Madden 19. 

When are we gonna get a new gameplay engine/gameplay overhaul?

When are we gonna get a new franchise mode built from scratch, as the current one has been awful since like Madden 07. 

When will we get ESPN NFL 2K style presentation? 

All so frustrating. 

I’ll probably get the game with my cash back rewards, but man, highly disappointing. 

I mean, if you're already complaining this much and the game hasn't even come out yet, why would you even consider using your rewards to get it over something else?  Doesn't make sense to me.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, if you're already complaining this much and the game hasn't even come out yet, why would you even consider using your rewards to get it over something else?  Doesn't make sense to me.

Because football video games are the only video games I play and the only reason I have a gaming system? Please list me some alternatives.

I'm giving an opinion on what EA needs to do and things that have been overdue for ages. It is an opinion, one you don't have to listen to or quote every. single. time.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because football video games are the only video games I play and the only reason I have a gaming system? Please list me some alternatives.

I'm giving an opinion on what EA needs to do and things that have been overdue for ages. It is an opinion, one you don't have to listen to or quote every. single. time.

I was just wondering why someone who clearly doesn't like the game and complains about the game continues to support the game.  That's is backwards to me.

MLB The Show is a great game, but I don't play much on the PS4.  There are alternatives on the Xbox, but they suck.... so I don't play them.  I really enjoy baseball games, so I've tried out RBI Baseball (or whatever it's called) on the Xbox when I went to a friends house and the game so bad and lacks TONS of basic features.

It's just weird. 

Just now, showtime said:

I was just wondering why someone who clearly doesn't like the game and complains about the game continues to support the game.  That's is backwards to me.

MLB The Show is a great game, but I don't play much on the PS4.  There are alternatives on the Xbox, but they suck.... so I don't play them.  I really enjoy baseball games, so I've tried out RBI Baseball (or whatever it's called) on the Xbox when I went to a friends house and the game so bad and lacks TONS of basic features.

It's just weird. 

And I find your obsession over someones opinion extremely odd as well. And I said I bought a gaming system for football games, not sports games in general. I love football, love watching football, love playing football, love playing games that are football. Just we don't have any alternatives to Madden here.

Some people are complaining about that "X" under the superstar players and I can see where they're coming from.  But it's probably a way to keep track of where certain players are.  So in the picture, you'd always be able to find where Travis Kelce is at all times.  I'm assuming Tyreek Hill also would have that "X" under his player as well.  This will help people be able to identify the opposing teams most dangerous weapons very quickly and adjust their defense as needed.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Some people are complaining about that "X" under the superstar players and I can see where they're coming from.  But it's probably a way to keep track of where certain players are.  So in the picture, you'd always be able to find where Travis Kelce is at all times.  I'm assuming Tyreek Hill also would have that "X" under his player as well.  This will help people be able to identify the opposing teams most dangerous weapons very quickly and adjust their defense as needed.

Makes even more sense to show them on defenders.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Makes even more sense to show them on defenders.

They are also on defenders.  If you look at that picture, there's someone in the Patriots secondary that has one.  I'm assuming that Stephon Gilmore. 

Some people that don't like it are talking more about how it looks aesthetically. 

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

They are also on defenders.  If you look at that picture, there's someone in the Patriots secondary that has one.  I'm assuming that Stephon Gilmore. 

Some people that don't like it are talking more about how it looks aesthetically. 

Unless their numbers were easier to read, it makes sense to help them stand out. If you move your best WR and their star CB doesn't follow him, there should be a way to see that. 

• Like 1

From what I've seen so far, the Superstar x-factor traits look good.  There's no way to tell how many guys around the league will have them, but it helps elite players stand out even more.

It's also interesting because from the very little I've seen so far, it appears they tried to build that system where defenders can counter offensive players and vice versa.  For example, Mahomes' traits are Godly, but if you read them, they can be canceled out by being under pressure or by throwing the ball low or high.  Players like Aaron Donald, Von Miller, etc have traits that allow them to get QB pressures even when blocked (by pushing the offensive lineman toward the QB). 

I like the sound of this stuff so far.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The X means that the player is in the zone and their X factor ability is active.