1. 1. Saquon or trade down at 4?

• Saquon at 4
    • Trade down to NYJ for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd
    • Trade down to Buffalo for #21, #22, #53
    • Chubb at 4
    • Minkah at 4
    • Other pick at 4

On 2/13/2018 at 2:51 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

IMO...trading down with Buffalo who wants to move into the top 4 from 21+22.....would need to include 1rst round pick from 2019 before I even pick up the phone. Taking a RB at 4 who could be an 1700 10TD back with our Oline....a back that we could draft in round 2-4, behind our Oline I feel could be a 14000 8td back. Taking Cubb at 4 you bench 1 or the DE's who are both 1rst round picks AND are showing promise...so we log jam a position with the 4th pick...I think we do need help there with passrushing, but that can be found in round 2...I got a guy in round 5 that I like...and a guy in round 7 I like as a DPR....we have a D that is on the edge of a top10 D....and IMO there is only 1 difference making FS in this entire draft....and we have a need there...I also look at it as the gap between Barkley and Guice/Penny is a lot less IMO, than the gap between Minkah and any other pure FS in the draft....

Minkah Fitzpatrick at #4...or trade down with the Jets and then take Minkah at 6, praying that the Bronco's dont take him. I think the Bronco's go Oline or Barkley if he's there.

I do absolutely agree with this.  I have been running on the assumption that they sign a FS for multiple reasons.

1. He is the quarterback of the defense and having someone with NFL experience there would be a good thing

2. We have a metric F-Ton of cap space and no one to use it on right now

3. There are a few young, experienced free safeties on the free agent market including but not limited to Lamarcus Joyner, Tre Boston, and Ricardo Allen.

I feel free agency will definitely give us an idea of where we will go because if we sign a FS, then I don't believe we would draft Fitzpatrick to play Nickle CB. 

However, if we don't sign a FS, I believe you are correct, it would be the best move to get the best Safety in the draft (though many on here don't believe he is capable of being a true center fielder) to fill the largest position of need.

I think the best move is to either trade down and hopefully go after players like Connor Williams (my personal favorite) and a 1st round WR or Guice, or draft the DE (if hes still available).  Yes we have two pass rushers but having a 3 man rotation would be huge for us.  I think Ogbah and Garrett would start the season as starters but Chubb eventually taking over the DE over the right tackle with Ogbah coming in for both of them and coming in as a DT for 3rd and long.  It may be a little bit of a luxary pick but with the cap space we have and the number of picks we have I feel it is one we can make, and the best way to win in the NFL is with a QB and with people who can sack the QB.  More pressure means less time to run routes, means less time CB's have to be in coverage, which will help every angle of the defense.

Archived