George Iloka injured

MrCincinnati

Surprised nobody made a post about this yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/30/george-iloka-carted-off-after-non-contact-knee-injury/

Looks like they dodged a bullet here, as it doesn't appear to be serious. It should be noted that Derron Smith also got not long after this happened. No word on his injury yet. It seems now the Bengals are a tad bit thin at S, with Iloka, Smith and Brandon Wilson all injured. Any chance we see Josh Shaw get some playing time at S this preseason, or maybe they go out to sign another undrafted rookie?

@MrCincinnati - Shawn Williams is still healthy AFAIK.  I think the next up would be Fejedelem.  After those guys, you'd probably see one of the corners.  But it sounds like the injuries were minor enough that it probably won't come to pass...this time.

If i had to guess, probably Shaw or Benwikere.

43 minutes ago, theJ said:

If i had to guess, probably Shaw or Benwikere.

I think maybe @MrCincinnati knew something i didn't when i posted this.

Due to the injuries, Clayton Fejedelem and Josh Shaw both saw snaps with the first team safeties, taking turns playing alongside Shawn Williams.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/31/16066872/bengals-training-camp-day-3-observations-position-group

41 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think Derron smith becomes prime IR material 

The injury sounds pretty minor, and i think they're going to need him at some point.  He's the 3rd safety.

The Report is in. Iloka is going to be out of action for 3 or 4 weeks.

He's going to be out for the entire preseason, but will be ready by week 1.

The battle between Smith and Clayton F for the main backup S job is now going to be something to watch for.

24 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

The Report is in. Iloka is going to be out of action for 3 or 4 weeks.

He's going to be out for the entire preseason, but will be ready by week 1.

The battle between Smith and Clayton F for the main backup S job is now going to be something to watch for.

Pretty much any injury to a vet is going to be an out for the preseason injury. No sense in risking him. 

It'll be good to get more reps for fejedelem. 

Archived