Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

9 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

Bucs has been up their on my radar for a bit.  Why concede yourself as the lynch instead of pushing one of your reads, especially since some others have had the similar reads.....

It's not so much conceding my lynching, as it is understanding the ramifications of my actions. Going further and further into the game, the longer I remain alive, the more suspect I become based off my initial comment. TK3 can't understand why a civ would do what I did. Some might think it was a scum slip. Others think it might have been a ploy.

Regardless of what my intentions were, their ambiguity casts a shadow over me as a player. If it came down to you, me, and one other player, and all we have to work with is that initial opening, would you risk that I could have been making a mistake as mafia, or would you trust me? It would be quite easy for a late game civ to push the wagon onto me, and mafia would be more than happy to stand by and watch it unfold, or help nudge it along.

In the end, I knew I'd have very little chance of making it all the way to the end. And frankly, that's how I play the game. Survival is not imperative. Winning is the objective. So if I can contribute more with a sacrifice, why not do it, if it helps out the town in the end?

I feel a lot of times a civ player will be so focused on not getting lynched, so focused on surviving, that they become a detriment to the cause. They will place their own lives above assisting with scum hunting. From their perspective, they want to make it to the end of the game and win, dying along the way is a step down. LTBF is the biggest offender of this action in this game.

1 hour ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Im thinking D3 for this game lol

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Nah. Do it today. LTBF.

Really. If you insist Ruskie

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

There we go. That's what I like to see.

Reactionary voting. He doesn't want to go all active today, he'd rather wait until tomorrow. Why? He won't reveal it fully, and frankly, there's literally no reason for waiting either. But the moment I put the onus on him, he doesn't react with logic, or tact, or planning. No, from his perspective, I just threatened his survival, so for him, his priority is to now ensure that he doesn't go out over me. It's very dangerous to have this mindset when you are a normal civ, and simply makes it a challenge for the town to have to overcome someone who cares more about their own self interests over that of the collective whole.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It's not so much conceding my lynching, as it is understanding the ramifications of my actions. Going further and further into the game, the longer I remain alive, the more suspect I become based off my initial comment. TK3 can't understand why a civ would do what I did. Some might think it was a scum slip. Others think it might have been a ploy.

Regardless of what my intentions were, their ambiguity casts a shadow over me as a player. If it came down to you, me, and one other player, and all we have to work with is that initial opening, would you risk that I could have been making a mistake as mafia, or would you trust me? It would be quite easy for a late game civ to push the wagon onto me, and mafia would be more than happy to stand by and watch it unfold, or help nudge it along.

In the end, I knew I'd have very little chance of making it all the way to the end. And frankly, that's how I play the game. Survival is not imperative. Winning is the objective. So if I can contribute more with a sacrifice, why not do it, if it helps out the town in the end?

I feel a lot of times a civ player will be so focused on not getting lynched, so focused on surviving, that they become a detriment to the cause. They will place their own lives above assisting with scum hunting. From their perspective, they want to make it to the end of the game and win, dying along the way is a step down. LTBF is the biggest offender of this action in this game.

Reactionary voting. He doesn't want to go all active today, he'd rather wait until tomorrow. Why? He won't reveal it fully, and frankly, there's literally no reason for waiting either. But the moment I put the onus on him, he doesn't react with logic, or tact, or planning. No, from his perspective, I just threatened his survival, so for him, his priority is to now ensure that he doesn't go out over me. It's very dangerous to have this mindset when you are a normal civ, and simply makes it a challenge for the town to have to overcome someone who cares more about their own self interests over that of the collective whole.

To be fair. I never said what I was going to say. I was playing along joking about it with touch. Sorry if it got misconstrued. I was making fun of the fact I claim to early as well. Could I have said it better, probably, it is what it is though. 

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

@LetTheBallFly it’s d2 now and were yet to see any crazy shenanigans from you ......

Im thinking D3 for this game lol

Really. If you insist Ruskie

I'm truly sorry if you honestly believed I was going to claim or something. Thought the joking and sarcasm was clear lol

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

To be fair. I never said what I was going to say. I was playing along joking about it with touch. Sorry if it got misconstrued. I was making fun of the fact I claim to early as well. Could I have said it better, probably, it is what it is though. 

I'm truly sorry if you honestly believed I was going to claim or something. Thought the joking and sarcasm was clear lol

No, I didn't think you would claim, nor do I think actually claiming a wonder would do any good right now in terms of clearing or confirming a player, given that both mafia and town can build wonders. It's simply the fact that there was little to no activity, I push you a little, and you immediately pushed back directly at me. I wanted to see a reaction, and I got it.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I understand your viewpoint, what I am not grasping is that if you have a read on someone that you feel fairly confident that you death will lead to civs eventually lynching them why not push it now while your still in the game.  Lets say I have one or two the same reads as you (right or wrong bc of the inactivity in the game makes it more difficult to tell) and you get lynched (flip civ), it now will make it harder to push those ppl bc we are another 2 civs down.  If you get lynched you get lynched but while you still alive you should help push and pressure those ppl. Take the lynch later not earlier and certainly don't concede until the end.  I could be off but that's where I'm coming from.   

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

No, I didn't think you would claim, nor do I think actually claiming a wonder would do any good right now in terms of clearing or confirming a player, given that both mafia and town can build wonders. It's simply the fact that there was little to no activity, I push you a little, and you immediately pushed back directly at me. I wanted to see a reaction, and I got it.

The inactivity kind of sucks I agree with that

54 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

This is a different side of you .....

50 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

I understand your viewpoint, what I am not grasping is that if you have a read on someone that you feel fairly confident that you death will lead to civs eventually lynching them why not push it now while your still in the game.  Lets say I have one or two the same reads as you (right or wrong bc of the inactivity in the game makes it more difficult to tell) and you get lynched (flip civ), it now will make it harder to push those ppl bc we are another 2 civs down.  If you get lynched you get lynched but while you still alive you should help push and pressure those ppl. Take the lynch later not earlier and certainly don't concede until the end.  I could be off but that's where I'm coming from.   

There’s a couple reasons for this. 

1. He is mafia and thought his ploy would make people feel much like I did initially and he wants to drive home the “I’m not scared to be lynched” aspect. 

2. He is civ and thought his ploy would nab one, instead people are taking it literally and he feels as though there’s no amount of reasoning that would save him. He does also have a valid point that if he is alive later in the game this will come up again. 

Archived