Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Five mafia was WAY more mafia than I thought we were dealing with.

Damn, I sniffer out the Hagia/ND connection as soon as I was sober - I just didn't know how to move forward with it.

Yes. This is why I wanted 20-21. 15:5 would have been fine. 

I felt like the mechanics limited the scum in this game. They only had so many slots for roles and I also figured that at least one would do what Ua did and try to take a civ-only role. Also the resolutions were supposed to be pro-town (like being able to know what Wonders were built). I thought about kicking it down to 4 for 18 people but I felt like it would have been a civ stomp

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Haha you also claimed a bit early saying you killed bucs

It was with 30 min left to night.  I've been having phone problems for about a month so I wanted to put it our there for civs just in case my phone turned off in that time 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Not especially.  Not much else to really use it on if you think about it 

Yeah you're right. I actually thought it was really weak though since they had to name the specific player. Like if you had compared Touch to tk3 instead of LTBF then it wouldn't have done anything. 

Just now, Famous Jameis said:

It was with 30 min left to night.  I've been having phone problems for about a month so I wanted to put it our there for civs just in case my phone turned off in that time 

I meant the fact that you hit him because nobody was believing you. I called that part right away

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Day 1:

Domepatrol – Pyramids (SUCCESS)

Ua – Stonehenge (SUCCESS)

mission27 – Mausoleum of Helicarnassus (SUCCESS)

gopherwrestler – Stonehenge (fails)

@domepatrol91 why, Dome? Why? Same to Mission, but I know the answer there.

Very interesting that UA/Gopher both went for Stonehenge. You used my own strategy against me by taking a role just to stop the other team from having it. Didn't suspect you guys would do that.

Day 3

Build Order

theuntouchable – Great Wall (SUCCESS)

EliteTexan – Great Wall (Fail)

This threw me as much as anything else. I assumed when ET failed, it meant a civ had to have won it. I didn't think that there were enough mafia that TWO of you could have tried it. It corroborated Touch.

Night Three:

LTBF hits Touch (Touch protected by Great Wall)

Good lord, you guys were just trolling us so hard at this point. You intentionally hit one of your own, knowing they wouldn't die, JUST so that you could use it as a cover for Touch down the road? Jesus, we never had a chance.

One the Hagia was built, it was game over, but we were twisted up from the start

Okay, so apart from the balance issues (which I fully admit were present), what did you all think about the set up of this game? Was the setup (like everyone starting vanilla) the main cause for the slowness at the beginning? Was it the Resolutions? Did you all enjoy the drafting mechanic?

Archived