Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Okay, so apart from the balance issues (which I fully admit were present), what did you all think about the set up of this game? Was the setup (like everyone starting vanilla) the main cause for the slowness at the beginning? Was it the Resolutions? Did you all enjoy the drafting mechanic?

Slowness didn’t help when it seemed like everyone had something going on.

Rags got busy

Raves is moving

UA completely bailed,  not sure why

and just the normal inactives. 

Rags accounts for a lot of post usually. And FJ tried his new game that lasted for about 2 days, then we killed him off as soon as he went back to his old chatty ways

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Words cannot explain how confused I was by my exchange with him.

Sometimes when I get into my zones I get a little abrasive. So I regret being rude to him, but wtf

I'm not sure you did anything I was offended by when there was a clear lack of communication. It would have been worth it to gain a clear understanding if we're doing it for the towns best interest.

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Okay, so apart from the balance issues (which I fully admit were present), what did you all think about the set up of this game? Was the setup (like everyone starting vanilla) the main cause for the slowness at the beginning? Was it the Resolutions? Did you all enjoy the drafting mechanic?

Phenomenal construct.

The vanilla start was just fine with the ability to win bids. I fully believe the resolutions was the problem.

I kind of like the resolutions in theory, but the specific phase for them just made the timing a little disjointed (in my opinion). Either have the phases be concurrent, or have it an abbreviated/rush vote. Like 1/3 instead of 1/2 (especially when there were 3 options), that way people can rush the vote through.

See we were all actually concerned for you, but that's part of the game when on the internet.  Like I couldn't make up the fact I was moving, if I did there would be either holes in my story or it would be so detailed it would've been an obvious lie.

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

If I had known we were dealing with 5 scum instead of possibly 2 more, I would've protected myself instead of TK3, but I figured with only at most 2 left they would look to take out confirmed civs expecting bcb to be unable to be killed due to protection, I'd just protect TK3 from being hit, most likely to be hit as he was 100% cleared and a good player, no offense LTBF, but damn.  Oh, well it's all good.

@Whicker I think it was slow because we all had a bunch of stuff going on in our lives and might've been a little burnt out on mafia right now.  There were what 3 straight 300+ page games including a 400+ page game.  It might've just been that.  Also not having abilities to start makes it a little hard as we don't get any information besides reads which often can get obscured in all this, maybe have the Civs start out with one person having an investigative ability, similar to how scum start out with the factional hit, and then go from there.  Both sides would be able to lookto get a lot more information out there as well.  Also the roles were really inbalanced, even the resolutions seemed vastly in favor of scum half the time.

The Resolutions were mostly supposed to be town-sided. Like Cultural heritage sites LOOKS like it's scum sided, but I think town knowing which Wonders were built is a huge advantage to them. 

What roles did you think were imbalanced? Other than the Hagia Sophia which I admit I misjudged, I thought the roles were very town sided. Basically every era they got a new protector role and it's not like mafia could coordinate that well to get them

1 minute ago, Raves said:

See we were all actually concerned for you, but that's part of the game when on the internet.  Like I couldn't make up the fact I was moving, if I did there would be either holes in my story or it would be so detailed it would've been an obvious lie.

Yeah, basically why I didn’t have to “lie”. Only thing I really lied about was the date it happened 

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The Resolutions were mostly supposed to be town-sided. Like Cultural heritage sites LOOKS like it's scum sided, but I think town knowing which Wonders were built is a huge advantage to them. 

What roles did you think were imbalanced? Other than the Hagia Sophia which I admit I misjudged, I thought the roles were very town sided. Basically every era they got a new protector role and it's not like mafia could coordinate that well to get them

I agree.

Hagia was OP, but otherwise the roles were civ sided on the whole.

The issue was that there were 5 of them and they were able to coordinate while we weren't

Archived