Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

Just now, theuntouchable said:

You’re still ignoring the fact that we had to pick the correct players. You’re not looking at it objectively.

I'm looking at everything.  he said there was a lot of protection roles, but there were really only 2 that would benefit civs, also Hagia was a little easy to guess based by your own admissions.  That's probably why I prefer the framer role to this one as it can only make a civ look scummy, not the otherway around as with all the information otu there you knew exactly the likely course of invests.  But the other roles like Great Wall etc were still better for scum than civs as the civs that would've wanted it had a wonder already.  I mean there were just little things that felt like it played into scum hands and I think part of that also was the ratio which made gettings roles even more difficult.

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

I think you could've maybe modified a resolution to benefit the civs and give them more information, something like in the night where we had to pick between giving the scum an extra wonder or letting them fast build a wonder, you could've added something civ based.  "Scum get an extra wonder they fall to the bottom of the order for the day" "Scum get to fast build a wonder, current ratio is revealed"  

I like your ideas

The Industrial Era Resolution was definitely supposed to be civ-sided. It was this

Resolution: World's Fair

Yay: All players may build a second Wonder. The barbarians gain a single-shot “Rush Construction” factional ability. This ability guarantees success in the construction of one Wonder.

Nay: No event.

Which if town had passed Standing Army Tax then this gives them a big advantage. 

I really think this game was played out really fun. Not just cause I was mafia. I kind of liked the idea of having a chance to get a role.

I think with a couple more people it would have been a little different. 3 more civs in the game would make a huge difference and more roles would have been taken that could have been played.

id really try this type of game again. But wait it out to gain a few more people. With B.B. going on right now that elimanated a couple people from coming over and playing. 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I like your ideas

Overall I loved the game, there were just little things I can nitpick, but I mean not every role I've seen in these games felt useful, but some of these looked awesome but it was tough to try and even decide to build them as you expected anotehr civ to so you had to decide, ok do I go for the OP roles and probably fail build but hope we get it, do I take the less powerful but slightly useful role and still ight not get to build it, it was definitely challenging and if I wasn't having everything going on I probably would've been more involved/enjoyed it more.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

I really think this game was played out really fun. Not just cause I was mafia. I kind of liked the idea of having a chance to get a role.

I think with a couple more people it would have been a little different. 3 more civs in the game would make a huge difference and more roles would have been taken that could have been played.

id really try this type of game again. But wait it out to gain a few more people. With B.B. going on right now that elimanated a couple people from coming over and playing. 

is it goign on?  I hadn't gotten a notification about it...

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I'd like to try and run this type of game again. Once BB is over and people are craving mafia again, I probably will 

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Overall I loved the game, there were just little things I can nitpick, but I mean not every role I've seen in these games felt useful, but some of these looked awesome but it was tough to try and even decide to build them as you expected anotehr civ to so you had to decide, ok do I go for the OP roles and probably fail build but hope we get it, do I take the less powerful but slightly useful role and still ight not get to build it, it was definitely challenging and if I wasn't having everything going on I probably would've been more involved/enjoyed it more.

That's what I thought would be kind of fun about it. Deciding which roles you wanted vs which ones you thought you'd get. 

27 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Slowness didn’t help when it seemed like everyone had something going on.

Rags got busy

Raves is moving

UA completely bailed,  not sure why

and just the normal inactives. 

Rags accounts for a lot of post usually. And FJ tried his new game that lasted for about 2 days, then we killed him off as soon as he went back to his old chatty ways

Wait till the next game cause I'm putting together the old and new game styles and going full on crazy in your face scum hunting.  

25 minutes ago, Raves said:

@gopherwrestler were you really in an accident or did you just use that as an excuse for being inactive?  Cuz if you were faking that, bad form.

I wanted to call @gopherwrestler out on that the second he posted it, especially after et made his excuse shortly after that.  Gopher and et gave themselves away to me from their d1 posting but then cemented it on d3.  

Just now, Whicker said:

I'd like to try and run this type of game again. Once BB is over and people are craving mafia again, I probably will 

For sure do it. I really do like the idea of having to try and get a role than just start out with one. I found it more entertaining. 

That aspect with the limited amount of people and 5 civs didn’t help out right off the bat tho. Basically got to kill two of them off right away because of a mislynch.

2 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

Wait till the next game cause I'm putting together the old and new game styles and going full on crazy in your face scum hunting.  

I wanted to call @gopherwrestler out on that the second he posted it, especially after et made his excuse shortly after that.  Gopher and et gave themselves away to me from their d1 posting but then cemented it on d3.  

Will be waiting to see it!

haha what could you call me out on... You didn’t actually get in an accident!

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The Industrial Era Resolution was definitely supposed to be civ-sided. It was this

Resolution: World's Fair

Yay: All players may build a second Wonder. The barbarians gain a single-shot “Rush Construction” factional ability. This ability guarantees success in the construction of one Wonder.

Nay: No event.

Which if town had passed Standing Army Tax then this gives them a big advantage. 

We did pass Standing Army Tax D3, did you mean Natural on D2?

Archived