Songs you sing

DoleINGout

i have done the doors bc its fairly easy to sound like jim morrison.

at a japanese karaoke bar in hawaii, i kicked off my debut with shake shake senora, shake your bodyline (beetlejuice) with full accent. it killed.

i went on to Beck -loser.

also, "hows it going to be" bc i can humerously ape the voice.

and to really wow (or scare) them "someone that i used to know"

at my dads company pinic (mostly country western fans in those parts) i killed with Bad Touch by the bloodhound gang

23 minutes ago, MathMan said:

at a japanese karaoke bar in hawaii, i kicked off my debut with shake shake senora, shake your bodyline (beetlejuice) with full accent. it killed.

at my dads company pinic (mostly country western fans in those parts) i killed with Bad Touch by the bloodhound gang

I think @MathMan and I would do a killer Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

On 18/02/2018 at 4:16 PM, MathMan said:

for reasons i am not willing to disclose i can also sit in this boat 

can bang out hotel california too, and i've got the best rendition of bohemian like you on this side of strathfield 

On 2/15/2018 at 12:10 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hold my beer....

Come out here and sing haha.  I still bet there's way worse.

In other news, I did a Karaoke show on Friday night and the first song that people sang was Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.  I thought about gouging my eyes out with plastic spoons.  Almost did it, but then decided, I needed the money and didn't want to go to the hospital.

• 3 weeks later...

My go to "panic choice" Karaoke song is always "Save Tonight" - Eagle Eye Cherry.

With more time to think about it and consider and gauge the audience though...man, i've got a lot of other songs to pull out of the kit.  Variety is the spice of life.

I really miss actually playing and singing in a band though.  Both as a lead singer, and honestly...i think i enjoyed singing backup/harmony more anyway.  There's something about dragging out that harmony and it just resonates so sweet that's hard to replace.  Just something that's totally fallen away in my life though, and i don't acutely miss it...but every so often reminded of how much i used to love doing it.

Always gets these waves of nostalgia where i convince myself i'm gonna get back into it.  But then i sober up and do other stuff.

On 2/17/2018 at 10:16 PM, MathMan said:

Third Eye Blind is such a risky choice for me.  It's mostly easy sailing, but there's always at least part of every song that he goes into that upper register belt and it's just...moving all chips to the center of the table if you think you can hit it reliably.  You usually can't even just fudge it with falsetto 'cause it sounds wrong when it's supposed to be belted.  I just stay the heck away.  

Takes stones to pull that off.  Or, a register that fits more naturally probably.  xD

I also find the term "Country Western" highly amusing.  That's what my dad calls it.  Though he usually throws an "&" in between for extra hilarity.

Weezer - Say It Ain't So

Hootie and the Blowfish - Let Her Cry

Learning For the Last Time by Darius Rucker and trying to get the cover of Ice Ice Baby by Marty Ray.

I'm rarely in front of more than a few people when I play/sing. Got a group of 4 other guys that we get together monthly and play, drink, and enjoy cigars. I'm the least talented of the 5 of us musically, by a lot. lol   One of them will have to likely tutor my son eventually, he's taking music really seriously and will definitely be way better than me. But three guys split the alcohol costs, one brings the cigars, and I cook all the food.  Pretty good time.

Archived