Songs you sing

DoleINGout

On 3/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, Sugashane said:

Weezer - Say It Ain't So

Hootie and the Blowfish - Let Her Cry

Learning For the Last Time by Darius Rucker and trying to get the cover of Ice Ice Baby by Marty Ray.

I'm rarely in front of more than a few people when I play/sing. Got a group of 4 other guys that we get together monthly and play, drink, and enjoy cigars. I'm the least talented of the 5 of us musically, by a lot. lol   One of them will have to likely tutor my son eventually, he's taking music really seriously and will definitely be way better than me. But three guys split the alcohol costs, one brings the cigars, and I cook all the food.  Pretty good time.

I hope this is my future.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I hope this is my future.

Gives me something to look forward to besides my kids activities. Actually 3 of them were guys I met through my kids teams and dance class. One through work when I worked for BlueCross BlueShield. 

Seriously though, regardless if you'e 20 or 60, when you have kids you NEED to schedule on some adult time. Took me 2 years to realize that doesn' mean I'm a bad or selfish parent. One 3 hour block can be a hell of a refresher. Haha 

• 2 weeks later...

I try to keep it in my vocal range as much as possible.  So, it's mostly Josh Turner, Tennessee Ernie Ford, and Neil Diamond.  Sprinkle in a few songs by Garth Brooks and the occasional Plain White Ts when the pipes are feeling good.  

3 hours ago, Ataal said:

I try to keep it in my vocal range as much as possible.  So, it's mostly Josh Turner, Tennessee Ernie Ford, and Neil Diamond.  Sprinkle in a few songs by Garth Brooks and the occasional Plain White Ts when the pipes are feeling good.  

Don't be afraid to play around with the tempo too. I've got a deeper voice that's better suited for country and can (kinda) hit some harsher rock notes. But messing with a song you can really adapt it to you. Here is what I mean, completely different tempo, tuning, but you obviously know the song (mentioned it before, song is pissing me off though, I just am struggling with it  lol)-

If anyone wants to learn a song on guitar that is covered with a deeper voice than the original, I like Noah on Youtube. A lot of the songs you can literally see his guitar and just go along with him. Love his cover of "Man in the Mirror."

I'm set on learning his cover of "Sexy and I Know It" for my wife and my 10 year anniversary.

But she is ALWAYS around... Chick needs to have an affair or something to give me some free time.

Archived