The Penske File Mock

Arthur Penske

Love this draft as far as the positions drafted when you took them. Love Eifert if healthy, problem is he hasn't been and probably won't be. Do not want all three of Matthews, Cobb and Nelson back. Need to move on from one or more of these deals, not extend them. Nothing about Cobb's play would suggest he gets to keep his money for next year. If I were to pick one to move on from, it's him.  

11 hours ago, Golfman said:

Love this draft as far as the positions drafted when you took them. Love Eifert if healthy, problem is he hasn't been and probably won't be. Do not want all three of Matthews, Cobb and Nelson back. Need to move on from one or more of these deals, not extend them. Nothing about Cobb's play would suggest he gets to keep his money for next year. If I were to pick one to move on from, it's him.  

" Cobb" has lost his legs or something like that is what I frequently hear. I Don't buy it when I watch stuff like the video below. I don't have access to the game tape,  but any of those that do tell me Cobb was frequently open this year and just didn't get the rock. I'd be curious to read more on that.

Goedert  is slipping down the board right now.  could probably get him in the third. But drafting a TE is not helping for the coming year.  It's been alluded to many times how ineffective rookie TEs are.  Would rather bolster the defense in the early rounds than draft basically a project.  Like the draft though.

6 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Goedert  is slipping down the board right now.  could probably get him in the third. But drafting a TE is not helping for the coming year.  It's been alluded to many times how ineffective rookie TEs are.  Would rather bolster the defense in the early rounds than draft basically a project.  Like the draft though.

He's slipping?  Based on what?

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's slipping?  Based on what?

From Charlie Campbell at Walters:

The highest grade among those five teams was a second-rounder. Two teams had him graded in the third round, and two teams had a high fourth-round grade on him. The senior amassed 72 receptions for 1,111 yards and seven touchdowns in 2017. He put up even better production as a junior with 92 receptions for 1,293 yards and 11 touchdowns.

"[Goedert]'s not a great route-runner and wasn't a separation guy," said a NFC director of college scouting. "He is more possessional and doesn't win with suddenness or quickness.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress#eOHjFAqPXA3e1GoY.99

Archived