Johnny Manziel Wants Another Shot

Uncle Buck

No, not another shot of alcohol.  He wants another shot at getting back in the league.  :P

According to reports, he has stated that he has bipolar disorder and is on medication for it.  He also entered rehab in 2015 and says he is now sober.

What do you think, would you give him a chance to earn a spot on your team's roster?  Personally, I think he would be a perfect candidate for the new league Vince McMahon is going to start up in 2020.  Maybe he could earn his way back into the NFL by playing (and behaving) well on that stage for a while.

I think if you believe him (which every GM will have to determine on his own), the upside is certainly worth a 90 man roster spot so that you can take a closer look at him. There's absolutely no harm in it. While I never bought that he was a first rounder, if you thought that he was legitimately talented, then why not? 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Sean Payton brought him in for an interview last year when he said he was clean and wanted to come back. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if his next chance is in New Orleans

Besides N.O. being the city of N.O. I thought that was the best fit for him as an organization, to take over for Brees once he hangs them up. His ceiling is Brees with a little more athleticism. Odds are no one ever reaches their ceiling but that offense would be good for his skill set and I think offer him the best chance to reach his potential.

He is a talented QB. Not really likable and has well known issues but if you can look past that he has a chance to succeed.

He has a decent arm.

Low football character, especially for a QB. I he had the work ethic of a Tom brady/manning/Brees/Rivers he would be a great QB IMO. but to me that is a gift as much as a rocket arm, I don't think johnny will ever have it. 

He could be an okay 2nd QB for a few years IMO. 

He wouldn't be a terrible QB if he had his head on straight. His height and play style (the two things he was crucified for leading up to the draft) were not his undoing. It was the partying.

...but he's been away from the game for too long to just come back and have his game magically stay in tact. You need to be getting reps constantly to maintain and sharpen your skills. No thanks to an even sober Johnny Football.

17 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

He needs to prove it. Play elsewhere, wherever he can, play well, and show that he's put his problems behind him. Only then will an NFL team consider giving him a shot. 

I agree but the problem is the CFL is his only option and the question is rather Hamilton would sign him a deal that would allow him to go to the NFL. 

Archived