Johnny Manziel Wants Another Shot

Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I never heard of the Spring league until now... interesting.

EDIT: Some recognizable names outside of Manziel, too. Glen Coffee, Ben Tate, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow Jr...

2xEDIT: Holy cow, I can register to play in this league for $700! Let's get a GoFundMe together, who doesn't want to see me get ran over by Johnny Football!?

Insights from Brian Woods, CEO of The Spring League:

“We’re excited to have such a dynamic player in Johhny Manziel taking part in The Spring League,” Brian Woods, CEO of The Spring League, said in a release. “We believe our platform is the ideal forum for Mr. Manziel to enact his NFL comeback.”

"On the other hand, we're taking a long look at this kid, @EliteTexan80, for quarterback, and we're pretty excited over what we see! He's got the arm, he's got the mobility, he's got accuracy, and he sees the entire field. Tell you something else: his off-the-field attributes are right through the roof! You wanna talk about leadership? This guy has the entire team group up in the locker-room after a game, hold hands, and sing "We Are The World!" So Manziel? Okay, I get it- but don't faint with surprise if we get a red-hot quarterback competition going in training camp!"

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I never heard of the Spring league until now... interesting.

EDIT: Some recognizable names outside of Manziel, too. Glen Coffee, Ben Tate, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow Jr...

2xEDIT: Holy cow, I can register to play in this league for $700! Let's get a GoFundMe together, who doesn't want to see me get ran over by Johnny Football!?

ET your knees are never holding up long enough to get run over. My question: Does Manziel beat out Stanzi?  K2 Ahmad Bradshaw, I thought these guys retired.

35 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

ET your knees are never holding up long enough to get run over. My question: Does Manziel beat out Stanzi?  K2 Ahmad Bradshaw, I thought these guys retired.

My knees are BETTER now, thank you very much. Amazing what losing 50 lbs can do for your joints.

Maziel is absolutely playing, even of Stanzi is better. He's right now the biggest name that league has ever landed...

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ill laugh if Manziel got an opportunity and Kaepernick didnt.

Not that I have any particular love for Kaep, but he is clearly more talented and isnt any more of a headache than Manziel.

It's a different kind of headache though. It's kind of like the Vick thing, a number of fans will protest or just stop showing up if Kaep is on the team. They don't have similar history or anything, or with Manziel for that matter but a specific portion of the fan base would be personally insulted with Kaep, they would just think Manziel was a bad football decision.

If you had a pretty good bank teller but 10% of your customers stop doing business with you because you employ that person you probably don't employ that person. You may still employ the bad teller where customers just request a different teller, even if that seems like a bad idea at least you aren't losing business. I personally know people who stopped rooting for your team while Vick was there and some who came close with the not coming out of the tunnel thing, the Kaep thing would be bad for football business just from Steeler fans that I know. They would just laugh or cry at a Manziel signing but they are still investing their money into the organization.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:54 PM, BleedTheClock said:

He wouldn't be a terrible QB if he had his head on straight. His height and play style (the two things he was crucified for leading up to the draft) were not his undoing. It was the partying.

...but he's been away from the game for too long to just come back and have his game magically stay in tact. You need to be getting reps constantly to maintain and sharpen your skills. No thanks to an even sober Johnny Football.

If he is diligent on taking his medication he should be okay.  I know folks with this disorder and if they are under a doctor's care they can be fine.  When I heard he was bipolar all of this craziness he was doing started to make sense.

19 hours ago, DawgX said:

I'm still convinced that Manziel might have been a solid starting QB in the league if he weren't such an idiot.

Is he an idiot or just bipolar?  My sister has this and if she takes her medication religiously you'd never know she has a problem.  She told me when she is manic she feels great!   Her husband can tell right away if she is about to have an episode so they can catch it before she goes off the rails.  JM will have to be under a doctor's care for the rest of his life so he can function properly and not act like an idiot.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to reach their ceiling, there is no real logical reason that Brees is as good as Brees. That is extremely rare.

Manziel has a lot of talent (I know, people quiver at the thought), including arm talent both strength and accuracy. Also, Manziel has half of the Browns wins as a starting QB over their last 53 games. Doesn't that sound impressive? He did it with just 6 starts and hasn't been on the team for a couple years. 6 starts 3 years ago netted twice as many wins as Browns QBs have had since then. Man, the Browns have struggled.

Work ethic

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's a different kind of headache though. It's kind of like the Vick thing, a number of fans will protest or just stop showing up if Kaep is on the team. They don't have similar history or anything, or with Manziel for that matter but a specific portion of the fan base would be personally insulted with Kaep, they would just think Manziel was a bad football decision.

If you had a pretty good bank teller but 10% of your customers stop doing business with you because you employ that person you probably don't employ that person. You may still employ the bad teller where customers just request a different teller, even if that seems like a bad idea at least you aren't losing business. I personally know people who stopped rooting for your team while Vick was there and some who came close with the not coming out of the tunnel thing, the Kaep thing would be bad for football business just from Steeler fans that I know. They would just laugh or cry at a Manziel signing but they are still investing their money into the organization.

Fair enough point, and I pretty much agree with it.   However, I do think alot of people (with certain views) will make a big stink if Manziel gets a chance and Kaep does.   Like I said, I would just laugh.   I dont particularly care either way....but there would almost definitely be backlash as people pushed a particular agenda.   And thats all the deeper Ill go into it.  :|

Archived