Johnny Manziel Wants Another Shot

Uncle Buck

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Besides N.O. being the city of N.O. I thought that was the best fit for him as an organization, to take over for Brees once he hangs them up. His ceiling is Brees with a little more athleticism. Odds are no one ever reaches their ceiling but that offense would be good for his skill set and I think offer him the best chance to reach his potential.

He is a talented QB. Not really likable and has well known issues but if you can look past that he has a chance to succeed.

Is there some other Brees? Because his ceiling certainly isn't DREW Brees with a little more anything. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Is there some other Brees? Because his ceiling certainly isn't DREW Brees with a little more anything. 

I wouldn't expect anyone to reach their ceiling, there is no real logical reason that Brees is as good as Brees. That is extremely rare.

Manziel has a lot of talent (I know, people quiver at the thought), including arm talent both strength and accuracy. Also, Manziel has half of the Browns wins as a starting QB over their last 53 games. Doesn't that sound impressive? He did it with just 6 starts and hasn't been on the team for a couple years. 6 starts 3 years ago netted twice as many wins as Browns QBs have had since then. Man, the Browns have struggled.

I'm glad he's getting the help he needs but he needs to focus on his health first and foremost. Bi-polar disorder doesn't go away, ever, mental illness is something you live with for the rest of your life. I know several people personally who self medicated with alcohol and it's very destructive and dangerous.

He needs to be focused on being sober and healthy beyond an NFL job.

31 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm glad he's getting the help he needs but he needs to focus on his health first and foremost. Bi-polar disorder doesn't go away, ever, mental illness is something you live with for the rest of your life. I know several people personally who self medicated with alcohol and it's very destructive and dangerous.

He needs to be focused on being sober and healthy beyond an NFL job.

He is claiming he has done all that already.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to reach their ceiling, there is no real logical reason that Brees is as good as Brees. That is extremely rare.

Manziel has a lot of talent (I know, people quiver at the thought), including arm talent both strength and accuracy. Also, Manziel has half of the Browns wins as a starting QB over their last 53 games. Doesn't that sound impressive? He did it with just 6 starts and hasn't been on the team for a couple years. 6 starts 3 years ago netted twice as many wins as Browns QBs have had since then. Man, the Browns have struggled.

Brees is Brees because he has elite accuracy, brain and work ethic, three things that are much more important than overrated athleticism(for QB) and while I admit to not having watched much Manziel, I believe it's three things that he has very little of.

Although I'm not saying you're wrong, he very well could have a really high ceiling he'll never reach, considering how much success he had in college despite partying all the time.

At a time when the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League want Manziel to agree to terms, Manziel has agreed to terms with The Spring League, a short-season developmental league based in the U.S.

Launched last year, The Spring League essentially is a pre-draft showcase for available players who may end up being signed by NFL teams after the draft, ostensibly to fill needs that aren’t satisfied via the process of picking incoming rookies, one round at a time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/14/johnny-manziel-signs-deal-with-spring-league/

looks like a way for Manziel to get some short term and quick exposure without tying himself to a long contract.

35 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

looks like a way for Manziel to get some short term and quick exposure without tying himself to a long contract.

I never heard of the Spring league until now... interesting.

EDIT: Some recognizable names outside of Manziel, too. Glen Coffee, Ben Tate, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow Jr...

2xEDIT: Holy cow, I can register to play in this league for $700! Let's get a GoFundMe together, who doesn't want to see me get ran over by Johnny Football!?

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I never heard of the Spring league until now... interesting.

EDIT: Some recognizable names outside of Manziel, too. Glen Coffee, Ben Tate, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow Jr...

2xEDIT: Holy cow, I can register to play in this league for $700! Let's get a GoFundMe together, who doesn't want to see me get ran over by Johnny Football!?

Couple of other names I recognized there too.  Greg Hardy, Fred Jackson, Noel Devine, Ricky Stanzi, Ishmael Zamora and a few others.

Archived