Johnny Manziel Wants Another Shot

Uncle Buck

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

He doesn't deserve it.  That's all.

Why is that? Why doesnt he deserve a shot but Gordon gets one? Heck if Blackmon wasnt such a continuous idiot he would have been given another shot too. I cant stand Manziel and never liked him before or after the draft but he deserves a shot

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why is that? Why doesnt he deserve a shot but Gordon gets one? Heck if Blackmon wasnt such a continuous idiot he would have been given another shot too. I cant stand Manziel and never liked him before or after the draft but he deserves a shot

Agreed.   He hasnt done anything extremely egregious.     IMO, he is a spoiled little twit that was coddled his entire life and spent most of his life letting everyone know how much better he is than them, so I have absolutely no love for the guy.....but I wouldnt say he doesnt deserve another shot.      He deserves one....but nothing will come of it because he isnt that good and never will be.   At best, he COULD become maybe a Matt Moore caliber backup....but I personally believe he will either never make another active roster, or he will be bounced around as a training camp guy for 3 years or so and then just sort of disappear. 

Honestly, no joking aside....if he keeps his head on straight, I could see him being becoming an XFL star..

On 2/14/2018 at 4:01 PM, UtahUtesFan said:

Is he allowed in the XFL when it starts?

They need to at least give us some coverage and live streams of these Spring League games...

I'm pretty sure that Vince McMahon said no one with any criminal record whatsoever will be allowed to play, whether it's assault, DUI, whatever...if you have a record you can't play in the XFL...but we'll see if they stick to that.

13 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm pretty sure that Vince McMahon said no one with any criminal record whatsoever will be allowed to play, whether it's assault, DUI, whatever...if you have a record you can't play in the XFL...but we'll see if they stick to that.

I believe his only conviction is failure to produce identification, if there is a line they draw that may not be enough to keep him out.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I believe his only conviction is failure to produce identification, if there is a line they draw that may not be enough to keep him out.

Who knows, since it's a single entity league they get to do whatever they want so it's ultimately just whether they decide they want him or not. There is no actual set of rules they have to abide by or anything.

On 2/14/2018 at 11:46 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Ill laugh if Manziel got an opportunity and Kaepernick didnt.

Not that I have any particular love for Kaep, but he is clearly more talented and isnt any more of a headache than Manziel.

I think both of these points are debateable. 

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Manziel has also gotten one.  He's gotten multiple chances.  He's a drunk, an addict, he doesn't appreciate what he's been given in life.  He doesn't deserve to make millions off of an entertainment business because he's a scumbag and that's not entertaining.  He can work at McDonalds for all I care, but keep him the hell out of the NFL

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Manziel has also gotten one.  He's gotten multiple chances.  He's a drunk, an addict, he doesn't appreciate what he's been given in life.  He doesn't deserve to make millions off of an entertainment business because he's a scumbag and that's not entertaining.  He can work at McDonalds for all I care, but keep him the hell out of the NFL

Well he doesn't need money he came from money so your dream of him working at McDonalds is unlikely. There have been players involved in much worse stuff (murders for example) who were allowed to continue to play. He is reckless but mostly he has been a danger to himself more than anyone else.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well he doesn't need money he came from money so your dream of him working at McDonalds is unlikely. There have been players involved in much worse stuff (murders for example) who were allowed to continue to play. He is reckless but mostly he has been a danger to himself more than anyone else.

I'm not defending ppl who have done worse. But he has already burnt second chance. He doesn't deserve a 3rd. It's sorta like ppl who get DUIs but don't get me started on that. To hell with Manziel. He sucks anyway.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think both of these points are debateable. 

The headache part, perhaps, but the more talented part?   Really?   At the very least, Kaep has proven he can be successful in the NFL.   By no means is he great, but at the very least, he could be a top tier backup based on talent alone, and if you put the right talent around him, I think he has what it takes to be a servicable starter.   Manziel....not even sure he is a backup caliber player.    MAYBE he is, but he hasnt proven it yet, and when we are talking about 2 players with baggage, Id rather take a chance on the guy who has more of a chance of helping my team ON the field....and thats absolutely Kaep.

In terms of the headache stuff, Ill give you that, but they bring different types of headaches.     If I were a team and I was considering Kaep, Id make it clear that he needs to stay focused on football and keep his politics out of it.    If he failed to comply, Id cut him immediately.

Its a risk/reward thing.     Even if you want to argue that Kaep brings more baggage, he also has notably higher upside.

20 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Sure he deserves a shot in the abstract, as in he should be allowed to compete for an NFL job if he gets a camp invite, but it's up to each GM to decide if they want to give him that shot. I know I sure wouldn't.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:08 AM, wwhickok said:

Kaepernick is most definitely more deserving of a 2nd chance than Manziel.

That wasn't one of the two points, but whatever.  All I know is that I wouldn't be too excited if either one of them was signed to my team's roster.

Archived