Mount Rushmore of the Divisions

BleedTheClock

AFC South:

QB Peyton Manning (Colts)

QB: Johnny Unitas (Colts)

OL: Bruce Matthews (Houston/Titans)

This is tough. As a Titans fan I want to say McNair, I could make an argument for Andre Johnson or Tony Boselli (long-time faces of the organizations). Marvin Harrison is an option. I'll go with McNair because hey, it's a Mount Rushmore, not a list of the four best players in the history of the division.

2 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

AFC NORTH:

Pittsburgh - Mean Joe Green

Cleveland - Jim Brown

Cincinnati - Anthony Munoz

Baltimore - Ray Lewis

I like this.

We can't have Suggs on there, thats for sure. Tooo damn ugly

34 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

AFC West

LT

Al Davis

John Elway

Hank Stram

Something like that I would say there are other options but I'm sure other AFC West fans can switch it up if needed. 

AFC West is genionely tough to narrow it down to 4 because there are a lot of guys with legitimate cases and you end up having to split a lot of hairs.

LT and Marcus Allen both have strong cases.

Elway and Fouts are probably the only real cases for QB's (sorry Plunkett), and realitistically I'm not sure either one really is that much of a standout the way that other guys were STANDOUTs at their respective positions.

IMHO, Derrick Thomas has to be on there.  And there's cases for a number of other defenders (Alzado - who you almost have to give a leg up on others to because of what he accomplished with both the Broncos and the Raiders), Grandishar, Seau, Long, and Culp.

Basically, two spots need to go to Thomas and Al Davis and the other two are up for a tooth-and-nail debate.

21 minutes ago, The LBC said:

AFC West is genionely tough to narrow it down to 4 because there are a lot of guys with legitimate cases and you end up having to split a lot of hairs.

LT and Marcus Allen both have strong cases.

Elway and Fouts are probably the only real cases for QB's (sorry Plunkett), and realitistically I'm not sure either one really is that much of a standout the way that other guys were STANDOUTs at their respective positions.

IMHO, Derrick Thomas has to be on there.  And there's cases for a number of other defenders (Alzado - who you almost have to give a leg up on others to because of what he accomplished with both the Broncos and the Raiders), Grandishar, Seau, Long, and Culp.

Basically, two spots need to go to Thomas and Al Davis and the other two are up for a tooth-and-nail debate.

Yea it was really tough. Al Davis was the only absolute lock for me and I did it team by team even though it didn't have to be. DT would have been my next choice for KC and may as well should have been my top choice I was trying to associate KCs best period and who meant the most at that point in time and couldn't really make a pick of a player. I also felt it would be hard to leave Elway off that list. It could have been LT or Seau or Fouts or maybe even Coryell for the Chargers. 

LT felt right to me though I lived through his greatness and he's my all time favourite player. 

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys - Emmitt Smith

New York Giants - Lawrence Taylor

Philadelphia Eagles - Reggie White

Washington Redskins - Joe Gibbs

Wasn't sure who to put for the Cowboys. Some might've went with Landry or Staubach.

I probably would have gone with Troy Aikman over Emmitt Smith.

As for the Redskins, Sammy Baugh would work as well if we're going WAY old school, but Gibbs works.

Archived