Should He Stay Or Should He Go: K Wilber

Texas_OutLaw7

WHAT DO WE DO WITH THIS FA?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT DO WE DO WITH THIS FA?

• Sign him to a short 2-5 year deal, medium to top BACK-UP money.
    • Let him walk, get a late comp pick.
    • Tag him (LOL).
    • Other.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2018 at 03:15 AM

Historically speaking, Dallas retains less than half of all FA's. So who would you end up keeping? We will end up voting on all of them.

• Alfred Morris, RB - Not re-signed.
  • Keith Smith, FB (RFA)
  • Brice Butler, WR - Not re-signed.
  • Joe Looney, G - Signed short term deal.
  • Jonathan Cooper, G
  • Byron Bell, RT - Not re-signed.
  • L.P. Ladouceur, LS
  • David Irving, DT (RFA) - 1st Round tendered, if someone else signs him he walks.
  • DeMarcus Lawrence, DE - Signed long term deal.
  • Anthony Hitchens, ILB - Not re-signed.
  • Kyle Wilber, OLB
  • Bene Benwikere, CB - Not re-signed.

This list won't include anyone who is a ERFA.

What should we do with: Kyle Wilber, OLB

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

This is honestly the only reason I can think to keep him.  So I voted to let him go.

Special teams players are a.... Wait for it.... Dime a dozen.

Or it’s 2009 and we dedicate an entire draft for ST’s  players ??

Between Hitchens', Durant's, Wilber's, and even Keith Smith's potential departures, plus Lee and Smith's injury histories and Wilson's aggravated assault charge (which I think he would've been punished for by now if he was going to be, but you never know with Roger)... LB depth is a cratering hole for us. Even with all of those guys last year it was an issue.

So keeping Wilber on the same sort of 2-year, cheap backup deal he signed last time makes sense. But that should only be our 3rd or 4th biggest expenditure at LB. We need to really hammer that spot. So, if Wilber stays, great, we need guys like him- but you still need to sign someone with actual experience playing meaningful snaps at Mike and Will, and draft two more guys.

Wilber does little for LB depth considering he never actually plays LB.

We have Sean Lee, Jaylon Smith, and Damien Wilson. We let Durant go every off season and sign him again before the year starts.

I'm not signing Wilber off the bat to medium/top back up money. He's not even a back up. At the very least I'm letting him hit the market, and WHEN no one signs him, and IF we still need him we can bring him back. Or someone else who provides the same limited production(30 tackles in 3 years.) Shouldn't be hard to find a hungry UDFA to give you that.

Archived