TCMD mock offseason

sparky151

I'm the Bengals GM in the annual TCMD mock offseason.

I've traded AJ Green and Ogbuehi to the Raiders for Donald Penn and Rodney Hudson.

Is this a good deal for the Bengals?

I think it is since both linemen were probowlers in 2016 and 2017. But Penn is 34 while Hudson is 28. Five years from now Penn will be retired while Green is still playing.

Eh. It replaces Ogbuehi and Bodine with 2 probowlers and clears the way for Ross to start. It's just about cap neutral. 

We'd either be paying Nate Solder 12-15 mil or hoping someone like Conner Williams stays healthy or Mike McGlinchey can start at LT as a rookie.

I also fired Marvin and hired Jim Bob Cooter as head coach.

16 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Eh. It replaces Ogbuehi and Bodine with 2 probowlers and clears the way for Ross to start. It's just about cap neutral. 

We'd either be paying Nate Solder 12-15 mil or hoping someone like Conner Williams stays healthy or Mike McGlinchey can start at LT as a rookie.

I also fired Marvin and hired Jim Bob Cooter as head coach.

just glad you aren't actually running the Bengals. Penn is not that good and is old. Hudson is pretty good, but no where near Elite status. So you traded away really our only proven Elite weapon on this offense for a 1-2 year "fix" on the offensive line? 

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

just glad you aren't actually running the Bengals. Penn is not that good and is old. Hudson is pretty good, but no where near Elite status. So you traded away really our only proven Elite weapon on this offense for a 1-2 year "fix" on the offensive line? 

Well last year in this I re-signed Whitworth and Zeitler so there would have been no need to trade Green. He's our best offensive player but the offense ground to a halt with the poor O-line. 

Penn is old but still pretty good, especially as a pass blocker. Hudson is the best pass blocking center in the league and above average at run blocking. 

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Also, do we really need to find a place for Ross to play? Plenty of receiver snaps out there.

Yes, we need to find out if Ross is actually a top WR. He was drafted to be such and maybe he busts hard. But the team needs to find out instead of giving more snaps to Core or Malone. 

5 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I know you are adamant J, but I think there are still plenty of snaps for Ross with Lafell and Green on the roster. Particularly if Eifert is gone.

If Lafell only gets 20% of the snaps, sure.  But as long as he's on the roster, he'll get 70%+ of the snaps opposite of Green, which limits Ross' opportunities.  And if Lafell is only getting 20% of the snaps or less, what is the point of having him on the roster?  He's not playing ST's, and he's likely available if they need him due to injury.  And if he's not, who cares?  He was very average last year.  Replacement level.  No need to clutch desperately to a guy like that.  Especially one who is on the wrong side of 30.

Archived