Better Player? Barry Sanders or Randy Moss

mdonnelly21

51 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player At Their Respective Position

• Randy Moss
    • Barry Sanders

42 minutes ago, Ripline said:

I never reference off the field issues at all!!

If you think my argument is weak, that's fine. It's my OPINION that he did not even reach his true potential because he was so full of himself that he felt he didn't have to play all the time.

This is why I chose to select Sanders in this comparison. 

One player played 100%, 100%of the time. The other player played 100%, 95%of the time. 

Both are extreme talents at their positions!!!

Again, my OPINION!!!

...100% true that it is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it. Its kinda hard to fathom a guy who revolutionized the position and is a first ballot HOF'r not "reaching his true potential", kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

As far as being " so full of himself" can you name an elite WR of this or last decade that wasn't a diva?

47 minutes ago, Ripline said:

I never reference off the field issues at all!!

If you think my argument is weak, that's fine. It's my OPINION that he did not even reach his true potential because he was so full of himself that he felt he didn't have to play all the time.

This is why I chose to select Sanders in this comparison. 

One player played 100%, 100%of the time. The other player played 100%, 95%of the time. 

Both are extreme talents at their positions!!!

Again, my OPINION!!!

The thing is is that terms like best, greatest etc are all left up for interpretation. For instance IMO

Greatest RB? Emmitt Smith. He was super talented, has the accolades the big moments etc etc.

Best RB? Walter Payton. He was everything you asked for and then some in a RB.

most talented RB? Barry Sanders. As far as pure talent Barry Sanders has the most.

7 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

...100% true that it is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it. Its kinda hard to fathom a guy who revolutionized the position and is a first ballot HOF'r not "reaching his true potential", kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

As far as being " so full of himself" can you name an elite WR of this or last decade that wasn't a diva?

Yup, difference between first ballot HOF and GOAT.

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Calvin Johnson .....

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

Calvin Johnson .....

- Anytime you take someone elses cleats just to show you are the fastest at the combine, when you originally planned not to do so in the first place, screams me

- When you would rather retire than have Stafford continuously put Calvin in physically comprising positions with his throw it up to Calvin when things go wrong routine. Calvin chose himself over team when he had at least 4 good years left.

Let's not act like Calvin didn't have diva in him because if you want to be real, he pulled the biggest me move when the Lions needed him the most.

34 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Anytime you take someone elses cleats just to show you are the fastest at the combine, when you originally planned not to do so in the first place, screams me

- When you would rather retire than have Stafford continuously put Calvin in physically comprising positions with his throw it up to Calvin when things go wrong routine. Calvin chose himself over team when he had at least 4 good years left.

Let's not act like Calvin didn't have diva in him because if you want to be real, he pulled the biggest me move when the Lions needed him the most.

You’re going to call a guy a diva for thinking of his health first? You’ve got to be kidding. 

You realize that would also make Barry Sanders a diva?

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You mean the same Lions franchise who's med staff didn't give two craps about the players' health and gave out pain-killers "like candy"? Yeah, shame on him for not looking out for them when they were clearly looking out for his best interest. I suppose you don't think CTE is real either?

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You mean the same Lions franchise who's med staff didn't give two craps about the players' health and gave out pain-killers "like candy"? Yeah, shame on him for not looking out for them when they were clearly looking out for his best interest. I suppose you don't think CTE is real either?

Sensitive much? A) not a Lions fan B) explain anywhere in the text where I suggested CTE isn't real?

Patiently waiting,

MSURacerDT55 

12 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Andre Johnson.

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Good call,  but still a severe minority.

Larry Fitzgerald

Steve Smith

Andre Reed

Tim Brown

Isaac Bruce

Torry Holt

Reggie Wayne

Marvin Harrison

Steve Largent

Art Monk

I'd argue the severe minority are the diva WRs.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Larry Fitzgerald

Steve Smith

Andre Reed

Tim Brown

Isaac Bruce

Torry Holt

Reggie Wayne

Marvin Harrison

Steve Largent

Art Monk

I'd argue the severe minority are the diva WRs.

But I said this and last decade, thus the beginning of the diva receiver generation. Not guys from the late 70's and 80's where players has second jobs and lived in the same neighborhoods of fans...

38 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But I said this and last decade, thus the beginning of the diva receiver generation. Not guys from the late 70's and 80's where players has second jobs and lived in the same neighborhoods of fans...

Save for Monk and Largent, all of those guys were in the 90s/00s.

Archived