Better Player? Barry Sanders or Randy Moss

mdonnelly21

51 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player At Their Respective Position

• Randy Moss
    • Barry Sanders

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lmao, thanks for proving a point for me, you're awesome. 

Oh, you’ve proven something alright...

15 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Calvin chose himself over team

15 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Let's not act like Calvin didn't have diva in him because if you want to be real, he pulled the biggest me move when the Lions needed him the most.

3Ry9Y_s-200x150.gif

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Gotcha

To your point - all of the guys i mentioned were anything but divas. Hell, I dare anyone to call Steve Smith a diva, he might kill someone. 

BTW - Calvin Johnson was absolutely NOT a diva. Probably the epitome of class and "talk softly but carry a big stick" at WR.

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Anytime you take someone elses cleats just to show you are the fastest at the combine, when you originally planned not to do so in the first place, screams me

- When you would rather retire than have Stafford continuously put Calvin in physically comprising positions with his throw it up to Calvin when things go wrong routine. Calvin chose himself over team when he had at least 4 good years left.

Let's not act like Calvin didn't have diva in him because if you want to be real, he pulled the biggest me move when the Lions needed him the most.

Wait is this for real? I thought this was a sarcasm post with how absurd it sounded, but it appears you are legitimately trying to argue this.. 

If you take someone else's cleats to prove your are the fastest, it shows you are a great competitor not a diva.

He owes the Lions nothing. His health is much more important than playing a few more seasons, and proves nothing of him having a diva attitude. Several talented players retired young. Tiki Barber, Barry Sanders, Robert Smith, Patrick Willis come to mind. None of them are guys I consider divas for retiring before their bodies gave out.

11 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Most receiving yards since 2000: http://pfref.com/tiny/ftwTa . Top 5 are all non-divas: Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin

And it depends on how you define "diva".    IMO, a diva is someone who puts their own interests above the team to the point where it becomes a major distraction.

In that regard, the only two full blown divas on that list are TO and Moss,.    Guys like Antonio Brown and Steve Smith had diva moments....but I wouldnt call them divas in general.

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And it depends on how you define "diva".    IMO, a diva is someone who puts their own interests above the team to the point where it becomes a major distraction.

In that regard, the only two full blown divas on that list are TO and Moss,.    Guys like Antonio Brown and Steve Smith had diva moments....but I wouldnt call them divas in general.

Yes, I agree. It also depends on how you define "elite." If his definition of "elite" is narrow enough and his definition of "diva" is broad enough, then he can make the specious claim that the great majority of elite WRs in the last 18 years have been divas.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:22 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

- Anytime you take someone elses cleats just to show you are the fastest at the combine, when you originally planned not to do so in the first place, screams me

- When you would rather retire than have Stafford continuously put Calvin in physically comprising positions with his throw it up to Calvin when things go wrong routine. Calvin chose himself over team when he had at least 4 good years left.

Let's not act like Calvin didn't have diva in him because if you want to be real, he pulled the biggest me move when the Lions needed him the most.

Why are people still perpetuating this myth? Calvin did not use someone else's shoes to run the 40 the shoes were Calvin's he lent them to James Pinkney and Pinkney was simply returning the shoes, both Calvin and Pinkney have confirmed this multiple times. 

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Why are people still perpetuating this myth? Calvin did not use someone else's shoes to run the 40 the shoes were Calvin's he lent them to James Pinkney and Pinkney was simply returning the shoes, both Calvin and Pinkney have confirmed this multiple times. 

Sweet, I know what I saw live on TV though. I could care less what happened after, it was legendary and it will stay that way in my book, next....

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sweet, I know what I saw live on TV though. I could care less what happened after, it was legendary and it will stay that way in my book, next....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2016/02/story-calvin-johnson-running-40-2007-nfl-combine-borrowed-shoes-isnt-true

so even an exact account from the guy who apparently loaned him the shoes doesn’t matter?

Archived