Calvin Johnson vs Antonio Brown vs Julio Jones

patriotsheatyan

Antonio Brown has been most consistently the dominant.
Calvin Johnson is the most athletic freak I've ever seen, and had almost 2k in a season.
Julio Jones makes some of the most ridiculous catches around.

All of them usually put up pretty ample yardage but
Calvin had some seasons where he didn't get many TDs, and only played 9 seasons.
Julio Jones has only had 10 TDs one time in his career.
Antonio Brown is the most consistent but not physically dominant.

7 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I think you're forgetting the best receiver out of that group, A.J green. 

If Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Julio Jones

if anyone besides Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Julio Jones

3. Antonio Brown

38 minutes ago, Crickett said:

If Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Julio Jones

if anyone besides Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Julio Jones

3. Antonio Brown

How do you figure?

Just now, Danger said:

How do you figure?

Antonio Brown is clearly the top receiver in the NFL right now.  But a lot of that is his almost telepathic rapport with Roethlisberger developed after years of being a QB/WR combo.  If Ben is the QB, we're seeing AB at the top of his game and imo, better than the other two.  But add a different QB into that equation and Brown has to start over.  That's going to take a while if it happens at all.  So in that instance, I'm going with the more physically dominant receivers.  I think they would give [random QB] an easier time. 

And no, I'm not holding Antonio Brown's production drop with the Steelers' backup QB that much against him.  Michael Vick (at that stage of his career) and Landry Jones aren't what I would call even below average.  Both would have to have been much better to rise to the rank of "below average". 

8 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Antonio Brown is clearly the top receiver in the NFL right now.  But a lot of that is his almost telepathic rapport with Roethlisberger developed after years of being a QB/WR combo.  If Ben is the QB, we're seeing AB at the top of his game and imo, better than the other two.  But add a different QB into that equation and Brown has to start over.  That's going to take a while if it happens at all.  So in that instance, I'm going with the more physically dominant receivers.  I think they would give [random QB] an easier time. 

And no, I'm not holding Antonio Brown's production drop with the Steelers' backup QB that much against him.  Michael Vick (at that stage of his career) and Landry Jones aren't what I would call even below average.  Both would have to have been much better to rise to the rank of "below average". 

If anything, I would say that Brown's ability to develop that rapport as a positive over the others with a random QB. It's not as if Jones has had a high turnover rate at QB with him (Matt Ryan has been his QB for his entire career) so to use that argument for Jones over Brown is pretty silly to me. Calvin had more turnover at QB obviously, but his stats were also very erratic until Stafford was his regular QB, so it isn't as if he showed stability through multiple QBs either. I can see what you are trying to say with the physical traits if you aren't giving them any time to work with the random QB, but given any amount of prep. time with the QBs over an offseason or so would negate that I would think.

Archived