FanSpeak Mock Drafts

KC_Guy

I was bored so did a few mocks this one was the best by far.  on Difficult settings no less.

54: Edge Dorance Armstrong JR  -  Let this guy learn under Houston and Ford and he might even become a starter for Ford.

78: S Jordan Whitehead - Our backfield needs help and Berry won't be around forever.

86: Edge Hercules Mata'afa - Did not think he would still be on the board at this point but both of our Edge guys are either old, injured or both.  

122: LB Davin Bellamy - Our run D was terrible last season, we are letting DJ walk so yea this guy will work.

124: WR Keke Coutee, Guy gets separation and can catch has some weaknesses for sure but on the plus side guy could add value to our return game as well.  I figure this guy will start on the team at least on Special Teams and maybe some offensive packages.

196: CB Quenton Meeks - Little late in the draft for a CB but I Like the draft we have so far so it makes sense. Also with this years draft being so deep at CB we are getting a better CB this late than typical years.

233: OT Alex Cappa - Depth

243: TE Cam Serigne - dude can catch and willing to be a slot TE, he cannot block worth a darn though, but we can work on those things and he can learn from Travis.

I

On 3/9/2018 at 9:18 AM, valkrei said:

I was bored so did a few mocks this one was the best by far.  on Difficult settings no less.

54: Edge Dorance Armstrong JR  -  Let this guy learn under Houston and Ford and he might even become a starter for Ford.

78: S Jordan Whitehead - Our backfield needs help and Berry won't be around forever.

86: Edge Hercules Mata'afa - Did not think he would still be on the board at this point but both of our Edge guys are either old, injured or both.  

122: LB Davin Bellamy - Our run D was terrible last season, we are letting DJ walk so yea this guy will work.

124: WR Keke Coutee, Guy gets separation and can catch has some weaknesses for sure but on the plus side guy could add value to our return game as well.  I figure this guy will start on the team at least on Special Teams and maybe some offensive packages.

196: CB Quenton Meeks - Little late in the draft for a CB but I Like the draft we have so far so it makes sense. Also with this years draft being so deep at CB we are getting a better CB this late than typical years.

233: OT Alex Cappa - Depth

243: TE Cam Serigne - dude can catch and willing to be a slot TE, he cannot block worth a darn though, but we can work on those things and he can learn from Travis.

Thoughtful draft.  You have many needs covered.  And you used the top 4 picks on defense. Good job - we need it. I'd let management really pound the UDFA WR's.  That's one position that guys slip thru the cracks come draft weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 12:05 AM, kingseanjohn said:

@valkrei if Fulton walks then I agree about our center depth. It if we keep him, I’m more than happy with our OL depth for the year. 

KC is rumored to be looking at Centers, unclear if for depth or a new starter.

Try this a few times. Mock Cleveland or Buffalo, since they have a lot of picks, and see what the algorithm gives us. For example, mocking Cleveland for three rounds:

54: LB MALIK JEFFERSON - TEXAS

78: G TOBY WEATHERSBY - LSU

86: DL KENDRICK NORTON - MIAMI

Not too bad. 

J

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while.  4 Round mock draft

54: DL Harrison Phillips Stanford        Last year no pressure, we got ran all over it was just bad.  Early DL pick gets us new blood on that front line.

78: Edge Arden Key LSU                        Not enough pressure, Our OLB's are usually broken and only one of them was ever good.

86: CB Levi Wallace Alabama              I like one CB and the other scares me to much, outside of that we got nadda.  CB has to be the pick here.

122: DL Tim Settle VT                            I know we had some interest in this guy and why not only add blood to the DL, but overhaul it. Need and value pick.

124: LB Jerome Baker Ohio State         This might be a luxary pick and that is why LB was not one of my earlier picks.  Depth and maybe a started in some packages.

54: TE Dallas Goedert, S Dakota St - Too good to pass and useful depth

78: DL Rasheem Green, USC - A project with the frame to add bulk. I see a 5 tech in 2019

86: C Mason Cole, Michigan - Need pick and a nice value

122: S Kyzir White, WVU - An absolute steal in round 4. He should step right into the rotation.

124: LB Shaquem Griffin, C Florida  - Undersized but oozes intangibles. 

J

Beat this draft I dare you!  This is difficult settings as well. Matt Miller for big board and user voted for needs.  4 Round Mock draft

54: CB Carlton Davis Auburn - Top Corner at our pick, I passed over Dorance and DL at this time.

78: DL Dashawn Hand Alabama  -  Best DL at this pick, I did pass over Taven Bryan so if he is the better player then I goofed but its hard to pass up Alabama Players.

86: DL Tim Settle VT  -  This guy is on KC's radar.  Our D line is terrible, overhaul completed.

122: Edge Hercules Mata'Afa -  I thought I would go edge earlier but this guy just keeps falling, in big board he is not as high as he used to be and I even reached for him. But we need another Edge guy so I am happy to get him at this point in the draft.

124: S Deshon Elliottt  -  This guy was higher on the big board than Hercules, but I would rather miss out on him than Hercules. However, we picked 2 spots later, the gamble worked. I got both players.

I dunno. I'm not sure that tops the one above it. Goedert mid-2nd round, Cole in the 3rd and White in the 4th. Every pick addresses a need.

The results are also repetitive. Try this one:

54: CB CARLTON DAVIS - AUBURN
78: S MARCUS ALLEN - PENN STATE
86: DL TIM SETTLE - VIRGINIA TECH
122: LB DARIUS LEONARD - SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
124: DL BREELAND SPEAKS - MISSISSIPPI

J

55 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I dunno. I'm not sure that tops the one above it. Goedert mid-2nd round, Cole in the 3rd and White in the 4th. Every pick addresses a need.

The results are also repetitive. Try this one:

54: CB CARLTON DAVIS - AUBURN
78: S MARCUS ALLEN - PENN STATE
86: DL TIM SETTLE - VIRGINIA TECH
122: LB DARIUS LEONARD - SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
124: DL BREELAND SPEAKS - MISSISSIPPI

J

I am glad to see 2 picks for DL thinking this could really happen in this draft.

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Getting Davis is what is unlikely. I am not as high on him as some, I still think he goes by pick #40. Settle is possible and Speaks is very possible. the weak pick is Marcus Allen, but you have to love the name.

J

yea its so crazy. Some big boards are so different from the average that you have to not consider them viable.  I think there will be a run on QB's as always, Edge and CB's this year.

Archived