FanSpeak Mock Drafts

KC_Guy

OK Matt Miller bigboard just posted, used fanspeak for team needs difficult.  These should be more accurate as far as whom is available.  

2 Drafts, I can see us trading up and back in this draft more than once just in the first 4 rounds. If we want a really good CB we have to trade to the back of the first round or very early 2nd round.  I would target early 2nd round. I like Oliver and Hughes CB's.

Draft 1

54: C Frank Ragnow Arkansas

78: DL Tim Settle VT

86: S Armani Watts TX AM

122: CB Isaac Yiadom

124: Edge Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

Draft 2

54: Dallas Goedert SDS

78: DL Tim Settle VT, Jessie bates was available and frank Ragnow at some point some of these guys are going to fall to us and its hard to predict.

86: CB MJ Sterwart NC

122: S Deshon Elliott TX

124: Edge Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

Same settings. Goedert was available for the first pick, but went with only slightly lower ranked DL. From there it fell out like a dream.

54: DL HARRISON PHILLIPS STANFORD - Settle goes just two picks later
78: S JESSIE BATES III WAKE FOREST - This is nice. I have him mid second. Ragnow and Turay are on the board and gone before #86.
86: LB JEROME BAKER OHIO STATE - Not everyone was snatched. Wright has him ahead of Malik Jefferson.
122: EDGE JEFF HOLLAND AUBURN - Just missed Deshawn Elliot and Duke Ejiofor, which is fine, because this guy is better. Speed rush in the 4th round. Wow. 
124: C MASON COLE MICHIGAN - We still get a C. One reason the defense did well is that OL was overdrafted. Also available CB Tony Brown.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Same settings. Goedert was available for the first pick, but went with only slightly lower ranked DL. From there it fell out like a dream.

54: DL HARRISON PHILLIPS STANFORD - Settle goes just two picks later
78: S JESSIE BATES III WAKE FOREST - This is nice. I have him mid second. Ragnow and Turay are on the board and gone before #86.
86: LB JEROME BAKER OHIO STATE - Not everyone was snatched. Wright has him ahead of Malik Jefferson.
122: EDGE JEFF HOLLAND AUBURN - Just missed Deshawn Elliot and Duke Ejiofor, which is fine, because this guy is better. Speed rush in the 4th round. Wow. 
124: C MASON COLE MICHIGAN - We still get a C. One reason the defense did well is that OL was overdrafted. Also available CB Tony Brown.

Not sure Mason Cole will be there at 124 but I hope he is.

6 hours ago, valkrei said:

If we want a really good CB we have to trade to the back of the first round or very early 2nd round.  I would target early 2nd round. I like Oliver and Hughes CB's.

I don't think we have to since this is a pretty good CB class. I'd rather not give up draft capital (unless Ward falls) and go for Donte Jackson, Carlton Davis, Duke Dawson, Nick Nelson, Kevin Tolliver, Kameron Kelly, or Holton Hill.

Using the new DraftPlex Rankings and needs. Difficult of course.

54: OT KOLTON MILLER UCLA - Insane value mid 2nd round. I guess Draftplex thinks he can't play LT.
78: CB DONTE JACKSON LSU - Sliding a round. I have him late 2nd
86: DL RASHEEM GREEN USC - This guy too, though more 2nd/3rd
122: DL TIM SETTLE VIRGINIA TECH - The family favorite. Opinion seems to be split. Draftplex has him triple digits
124: LB JEROME BAKER OHIO STATE - Another 2nd round talent

A point has been validly made that this draft is a bit of a runt. Size is a premium. Speed and quickness, not so much.

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

54: OT KOLTON MILLER UCLA - Insane value mid 2nd round. I guess Draftplex thinks he can't play LT.
78: CB DONTE JACKSON LSU - Sliding a round. I have him late 2nd
86: DL RASHEEM GREEN USC - This guy too, though more 2nd/3rd
122: DL TIM SETTLE VIRGINIA TECH - The family favorite. Opinion seems to be split. Draftplex has him triple digits
124: LB JEROME BAKER OHIO STATE - Another 2nd round talent

A point has been validly made that this draft is a bit of a runt. Size is a premium. Speed and quickness, not so much.

J

I really dislike the first pick. This is a bad OT class and I don't think we should taking bench depth this early. We just spent a pick on Erving last year and he's our backup OT. Now if you believe Miller  can take over in 2021 when Schwartz's contract is up or if we plan on cutting Fisher, then ok. But I really don't think that anyone in this class is that guy.

54: Edge Sam Hubbard Ohio - Solid pick and we need some life at Edge.
78: Edge Dorance Armstrong : I like him a lot with this guy and Sam, wow watch out this is going to be good.
86: DL Tim Settle, Solid DL player rather than plug holes with FA's its time to get a guy that will be here for the long haul.
122: TE Mark Andrews  He fell a bit and Well I want him on this team, Solid Kelcie back up and hopefully we can enjoy both of them for a while.
124: CB Nick Nelson,  A little bit later for CB than I wanted but I don't think you can argue my picks  to much, amazing draft if it fell this way.

196:  OT Tony Weathersby : Depth/rotation

233:  C Bradley Bozeman : Depth

243 Davin Bellamy, Depth/rotation

3 hours ago, valkrei said:

78: Edge Dorance Armstrong : I like him a lot with this guy and Sam, wow watch out this is going to be good.
86: DL Tim Settle, Solid DL player rather than plug holes with FA's its time to get a guy that will be here for the long haul.
122: TE Mark Andrews  He fell a bit and Well I want him on this team, Solid Kelcie back up and hopefully we can enjoy both of them for a while.
124: CB Nick Nelson,  A little bit later for CB than I wanted but I don't think you can argue my picks  to much, amazing draft if it fell this way.

Between Houston, Ford, Kpassagnon, Zombo, Hubbard, Armstrong, and Bellamy, who makes the 53 man roster?

Houston injury prone, ford did not pass physical, what would you do?  Zombo can go, might cut Ford.

Or Cut Zombo and just carry everyone else on your team.  Not sure the deal with Ford just yet we already paid the guy so silly to cut if there is anything there.

5 hours ago, valkrei said:

This is much too high for Armstrong. Maybe at #124. Hubbard is good and Settle is a frequent favorite, so not all bad.

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I really dislike the first pick. This is a bad OT class and I don't think we should taking bench depth this early. We just spent a pick on Erving last year and he's our backup OT. Now if you believe Miller  can take over in 2021 when Schwartz's contract is up or if we plan on cutting Fisher, then ok. But I really don't think that anyone in this class is that guy.

Kolton Miller is exactly the sort of player we could look to take over RT, sooner rather than later. LT is less sure but still possible.

It isn't really a bad OT class, just underpowered. Miller is exactly the sort of athletic, mobile OT we use.

J

Archived