FanSpeak Mock Drafts

KC_Guy

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Not a fan of Andrews, or on adding 2 guys at edge.  Really like Settle obviously, and Nick Nelson.

It is interesting that Arrowhead pride is now talking about Edge.  Not saying they back me up on Drafting 2 but there are big If's at the position.

39 minutes ago, valkrei said:

It is interesting that Arrowhead pride is now talking about Edge.  Not saying they back me up on Drafting 2 but there are big If's at the position.

I think we should look at someone no earlier than the 3rd. I’d prefer to wait another year. The 2019 class is better and it will give us a year to evaluate our situation. Houston/Ford/Kpass/Zombo/Nicholas isn’t perfect but if Ford and Nicholas are healthy, the unit will be better than last year. 

I enjoy reading AP for the most part. But I’m really not a fan of the prospects that they’ve been highlighting for us. 

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

I won’t ever mind taking an edge guy early, but 2 right now, with our current set up, is just overkill unless the value is crazy.  I’d much rather over kill the DL.

7 Rounder for Draft week.

54: R2P22 JUSTIN REID STANFORD
78: R3P14 DL RASHEEM GREEN USC
86: R3P22 CB ANTHONY AVERETT ALABAMA
122: R4P22 DL R.J. MCINTOSH MIAMI
124: R4P24 LB JEROME BAKER OHIO STATE
196: R6P22 RB KALEN BALLAGE ARIZONA STATE
233: R7P15 WILL CLAPP LSU
243: R7P25 WR MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING SOUTH FLORIDA

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I won’t ever mind taking an edge guy early, but 2 right now, with our current set up, is just overkill unless the value is crazy.  I’d much rather over kill the DL.

I did have some drafts where I did 2 DL and 1 Edge.

54: R2P22 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT UTSA

I was obviously lucky to have Davenport on the board for this pick. If he wasn't there i would have picked either Carter, Dawson or a TE in Goedert and Gesicki. I didn't considered a DL, since there where quite some guys left i felt good to take in the 3rd round.

78: R3P14 DL TIM SETTLE VIRGINIA TECH

It seems that i take fan favourite Settle now. There are still some DL left, that i like (Phillips and Shepherd), but i don't see anybody else left that i would like to pick more in this position. None of the TE made it this far. Dawson got picked 4 picks ahead of 78. There are other corners with 3rd round talent left who i plan to target with the next pick. Safety has to slide to 4th round probably, since corner is a more important position of need in my mind.

86: R3P22 CB PARRY NICKERSON TULANE

The decision was between Nickerson and Averrett and i picked Nickerson, since he's a ballhawk that we might need after the Peters trade. I'm not as high on Stewart as on these guys and Hill wasn't in consideration since the Peters trade might show we don't want to have kids with character problems in the lockerroom.

122: R4P22 C MASON COLE MICHIGAN

I decided to take a quality backup Center. Why not safety? There are still 4 on the board i'm more than comfortable to take at 124.

124: R4P24 S ARMANI WATTS TEXAS A&M

I decided to take Watts, over the likes of Edmunds, Allen or White. I don't expect to have all 4 of those guys left at 124 at the original Draft.

196: R6P22 CB GREG STROMAN VIRGINIA TECH

I'm going with one of the sleepers in this draft. I think Stroman is a late 3rd round talent.

233: R7P15 QB KURT BENKERT UVA

I could have had Shimonek, but i'll like to take a chance with Benkert.

243: R7P25 WR JAKE WIENEKE S DAKOTA ST

A tall WR, who competes for a roster spot as TE.

I took the Rotoworld board on Difficult.

If this is how the draft turns out for us, i would be thrilled. If i'm realistic, that won't happen. I realised one thing for sure. There are some many players i'm comfortable to take in the rounds 3 and 4, that i feel like we don't need to trade up, to get some good players, who might compete immediately for a starting job. I rather take 5 guys with our original picks, than trading up and having only 3 picks in those rounds left. It all depends on who falls, through. A guy like Davenport would be a consideration for a trade up for sure.

lol Draft Utopia big board. Dream draft for KC right here.

54: R2P22 CB ISAIAH OLIVERCOLORADO

78: R3P14 FRANK RAGNOWARKANSAS

86: R3P22 TE DALLAS GOEDERTSOUTH DAKOTA STATE

122: R4P22 TROY APKEPENN STATE

124: R4P24 EDGE SAM HUBBARDOHIO STATE

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

Curious for team needs option.  Which ones you think are accurate enough to use.  Typically I have stuck to either fanspeak or user voted, I am guessing that user voted would at least be close enough.

I used fanspeak. User voted sounds good, but i dunno if divisional rivals could influence that voting system. There are enough trolls out there to do so.

First with Composite/Fanspeak/diff

54: C FRANK RAGNOW ARKANSAS
78: DL TIM SETTLE VIRGINIA TECH
86: EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR WAKE FOREST
122: CB TONY BROWN ALABAMA
124: WR SIMMIE COBBS JR. INDIANA

Second F/F/d

54: CB ISAIAH OLIVER COLORADO
78: TE HAYDEN HURST SOUTH CAROLINA
86: DL TIM SETTLE VIRGINIA TECH
122: DL NATHAN SHEPHERD FORT HAYS STATE
124: OT WILL RICHARDSON NORTH CAROLINA STATE

No question which of these I like better.

J

8 hours ago, Edge said:

I used fanspeak. User voted sounds good, but i dunno if divisional rivals could influence that voting system. There are enough trolls out there to do so.

I never really thought about people trolling to mess it up, but yea fanspeak prob the way to go then.

Composites, fanspeak dif

54: R2P22FRANK RAGNOWARKANSAS
78: R3P14 DL NATHAN SHEPHERDFORT HAYS STATE
86: R3P22 CB ISAAC YIADOMBOSTON COLLEGE
122: R4P22EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR.KANSAS
124: R4P24 MARCUS ALLENPENN STATE
196: R6P22 LB JACK CICHYWISCONSIN
233: R7P15 TE JORDAN AKINSCENTRAL FLORIDA
243: R7P25OT NICK GATESNEBRASKA

Draftek54: R2P22EDGE SAM HUBBARDOHIO STATE

78: R3P14TE DALLAS GOEDERTS DAKOTA ST

86: R3P22DL RASHEEM GREENUSC