Danny Shelton

cattleman78

14 minutes ago, cattleman78 said:

Isn't this the year we can offer him a fifth year? I don't know how I feel about that. Guess I'll wait until I see the price.

He's a solid 1 Tech and good against the run. I'd extend him a year. If not, we'd better address this via the draft/free agency.

I see Danny Shelton in the backfield all the time disrupting mostly the running game.

He has a relentless motor as hes making plays down the field chasing guys down as well.

Hes one of the better players on out defense as it stands.

I would want to extend him, not just take the 5th year option, I don't see why we wouldn't at least get the 5th year of his rookie deal...

Danny Shelton was shockingly great for us last season. Arguably our best defensive player. I'd be furious if we let him walk, even with the depth we have across our DL.

I was not a fan of the Shelton pick when we made it. It was probably my least favorite pick we made (and Justin Gilbert) since the Browns have been back.

....oh nevermind, I forgot about Brandon Weeden. But I was still pretty salt about Shelton. Turns out I was way off on that, as he has helped our run defense tremendously.

38 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Danny Shelton was shockingly great for us last season. Arguably our best defensive player. I'd be furious if we let him walk, even with the depth we have across our DL.

I was not a fan of the Shelton pick when we made it. It was probably my least favorite pick we made (and Justin Gilbert) since the Browns have been back.

....oh nevermind, I forgot about Brandon Weeden. But I was still pretty salt about Shelton. Turns out I was way off on that, as he has helped our run defense tremendously.

cam-heyward-cam-erving.gif?w=1000 

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

We'd be foolish to let go of Shelton. He doesn't put up amazing stats or anything, but he's a big reason why our run defense improved as much as it did. 

He truly ate up those doubly teams from the guard centers to make sure the 3T got one on one looks. I think it’s smart that Greg made him a space eater instead of a penetrator 

Archived