Danny Shelton

cattleman78

On 2/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Every time you post I remember you live in Jackson and get to look at the Tetons every day and all that wonderful wildlife and get pretty jealous.

Just figured I’d share that random, completely unrelated point.

Thank you but I came here to fish

Best fishing in the world here

Went on a family vacation to the Tetons/Glacier National Park and Yellowstone for a 3 week road trip in 2010. It was AMAZING. @NateDawg and I came face to face with mama black bear and her two cubs and narrowly missed a horrific hiking accident. That part was not so awesome in that moment but hilarious looking back.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Went on a family vacation to the Tetons/Glacier National Park and Yellowstone for a 3 week road trip in 2010. It was AMAZING. @NateDawg and I came face to face with mama black bear and her two cubs and narrowly missed a horrific hiking accident. That part was not so awesome in that moment but hilarious looking back.

We saw a mother bear and two cubs when we were there too.

Thats the beauty of the place, that type of wildlife is common.

Yellowstone is so beautiful...

Where all did you go on a 3 week road trip?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We saw a mother bear and two cubs when we were there too.

Thats the beauty of the place, that type of wildlife is common.

Yellowstone is so beautiful...

Where all did you go on a 3 week road trip?

We went on a road trip through Mount Rushmore, which was awesome for about an hour, then it was time to leave, and that's coming from a history teacher.

We then traveled through the Badlands after driving through Wisconsin/Minnesota, and then through Montana, where we stayed in Whitefish for a week, hitting up Glacier National Park and the Grand Tetons.

After a week, we traveled south through Dreggs, Idaho, which was highly underrated, stayed in a cabin there, and visited Yellowstone, which was also amazing.

The road trip back, we drove through Nebraska/Iowa and Colorado, driving through Rocky Mountain National Park.

FANTASTIC experience. I wish I would have spent more time fishing.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

We went on a road trip through Mount Rushmore, which was awesome for about an hour, then it was time to leave, and that's coming from a history teacher.

We then traveled through the Badlands after driving through Wisconsin/Minnesota, and then through Montana, where we stayed in Whitefish for a week, hitting up Glacier National Park and the Grand Tetons.

After a week, we traveled south through Dreggs, Idaho, which was highly underrated, stayed in a cabin there, and visited Yellowstone, which was also amazing.

The road trip back, we drove through Nebraska/Iowa and Colorado, driving through Rocky Mountain National Park.

FANTASTIC experience. I wish I would have spent more time fishing.

Sounds absolutely awesome, I’m going to be hitting a few of those places this May/June.  Headed through Wisc/Minn through ND to Montana, up to Glacier, to Coeur d’Alene then over to Seattle and Portland and the slew of Parks over there, back towards Boise to Jackson to Rapid City and the back through Neb/Iowa.

This trip will tick of the remaining stated for us to hit all 48 contiguous, it took us just under 3 years.

We fly back out to Vegas in August and are going to rent a car and drive to LA, up the PCH to San Fran and then turn around and hit Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia and Death Valley on our way back to Vegas.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds absolutely awesome, I’m going to be hitting a few of those places this May/June.  Headed through Wisc/Minn through ND to Montana, up to Glacier, to Coeur d’Alene then over to Seattle and Portland and the slew of Parks over there, back towards Boise to Jackson to Rapid City and the back through Neb/Iowa.

This trip will tick of the remaining stated for us to hit all 48 contiguous, it took us just under 3 years.

We fly back out to Vegas in August and are going to rent a car and drive to LA, up the PCH to San Fran and then turn around and hit Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia and Death Valley on our way back to Vegas.

Enjoy!!!!

I've never seen the southwest, so I'd love some type of an Arizona/New Mexico/Texas trip (Grand Canyon and others) and in a perfect world I'd love to see Lake Tahoe. The Pacific Northwest in Oregon/Washington isn't a priority for me, but I'd love to go there.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Enjoy!!!!

I've never seen the southwest, so I'd love some type of an Arizona/New Mexico/Texas trip (Grand Canyon and others) and in a perfect world I'd love to see Lake Tahoe. The Pacific Northwest in Oregon/Washington isn't a priority for me, but I'd love to go there.

Lake Tahoe is in August and the SW was 2016.

Utah is effin AMAZING. Like, the whole southern portion of the state is national parks.  I highly recommend.

On 2/14/2018 at 11:04 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

cam-heyward-cam-erving.gif?w=1000 

This hatred of picks talk made me think of all the picks I have hated through the years and decided I would rank all the Browns 1st rounders from 24-1 which ones I hated the most. I forgot how many of those picks I hated. It seems like we always do something stupid even before the players fail on the field haha.

24. Joe Thomas
23. Myles Garrett
22. David Njoku
21. Courtney Brown
20. Tim Couch
19. Alex Mack
18. Brady Quinn
17. Jabrill Peppers
16. Corey Coleman
15. Phil Taylor
14. William Green

13. Braylon Edwards :: Always had shaky hands even at Michigan. I was so over drafting WRs with proven bad hands and we are still doing it uggh
12. Trent Richardson :: Wasn't a huge fan. Saw his vision problems but I got on board with the pick which is why he isn't higher. Never saw him flaming out like he did though.
11. Danny Shelton :: Didn't see the all world Haloti Ngata comparisons and saw pure run stopper. Still not sure he will ever be worth #12 overall but still wasn't happy with the pick.
10. Kamerion Wimbley :: Wanted Ngata more but I still liked Wimbley enough to talk myself into the pick. It wasn't until post draft that made me hate the pick more.
9. Justin Gilbert :: Talked myself into the pick because his athletic traits and size were off the charts and we needed a shutdown corner.
8. Barkevious Mingo :: Tired of the failed undersized pass rusher experiments in Cleveland. Anyone would have been a better attempt at the draft.
7. Jeff Faine :: I was ticked. We cut Dave Wohlabaugh who was easily our best lineman and had just drafted a center in round 3. It was just showing Davis's incompetence and CENTER 
6. Johny Manziel :: Would have hated the pick more but I figured 22 wasn't a horrible range to take a shot on his potential dispute size and off field issues.
5. Joe Haden :: I was irate after this pick. I was a big Earl Thomas fans. I wanted Thomas in the worst way. One of my most wanted picks.
4. Gerard Warren :: Didn't see it. It was purely a Butch Davis comfort pick. Everyone knew it was a stupid pick at the time but they talked themselves into it. Seymour was the clear cut consensus Top DT in the draft and Davis tried to out smart the league and Tomlinson was an elite prospect as well.

3. Kellen Winslow :: Would have hated this pick much less except I wanted to burn the entire city when we traded a high second round pick just to move up one spot and as good as he was in college he was still a TIGHT END. Taking a TE 6th overall is sketchy enough but then you trade away a high second to get him? Butch Davis is still my most hated drafted to this day.

2. Camerion Erving :: Words cannot even explain how much I hated the pick and his play made it even worse.
1. Brandon Weeden :: Everyone knew Weeden was a terrible pick before it happen. Everyone knew the only team willing to draft him in the Top 75 picks was Cleveland and despite all that our retarded FO still took him 22nd overall when they could have had grandpa in round 3. The biggest reason it ticked me off is because for months everyone knew Cleveland was going to be the team to pick him. Every mock draft and every QB segment talked about him to Browns. If it was so obvious it was because only one team even showed interest in him. Why couldn't they wait? Even if he was 21 years old the guy was a mid 2nd round prospect at best. Everyone knew he was going to be bad before it even happened and we did it anyway. Honestly I hated this pick more than every other bad pick we've made before and since combined. It was a complete wasted pick from the very start.

Anyone else have a ranking?

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The summer Olympics must be a real tough time for ya then huh? Everyone loves to call us “fat Americans” and then we go out and smoke them in every athletic endeavor imaginable.

’Murica. Ha. ;)

Ever since they put clothes on I haven’t watched the Olympics. 

I don’t mean the Americans that try hard, I mean regular Americans. 

I assume they all are round and don’t know where the other countries are.

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ever since they put clothes on I haven’t watched the Olympics. 

I don’t mean the Americans that try hard, I mean regular Americans. 

I assume they all are round and don’t know where the other countries are.

Mostly.  Some are particularly concerned with Mexico, others threaten to go to Canada, that’s about it.

Crocodile Dundee and Moana are prolly the only New Zealanders that are commonly known here.

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

This hatred of picks talk made me think of all the picks I have hated through the years and decided I would rank all the Browns 1st rounders from 24-1 which ones I hated the most. I forgot how many of those picks I hated. It seems like we always do something stupid even before the players fail on the field haha.

24. Joe Thomas
23. Myles Garrett
22. David Njoku
21. Courtney Brown
20. Tim Couch
19. Alex Mack
18. Brady Quinn
17. Jabrill Peppers
16. Corey Coleman
15. Phil Taylor
14. William Green

13. Braylon Edwards :: Always had shaky hands even at Michigan. I was so over drafting WRs with proven bad hands and we are still doing it uggh
12. Trent Richardson :: Wasn't a huge fan. Saw his vision problems but I got on board with the pick which is why he isn't higher. Never saw him flaming out like he did though.
11. Danny Shelton :: Didn't see the all world Haloti Ngata comparisons and saw pure run stopper. Still not sure he will ever be worth #12 overall but still wasn't happy with the pick.
10. Kamerion Wimbley :: Wanted Ngata more but I still liked Wimbley enough to talk myself into the pick. It wasn't until post draft that made me hate the pick more.
9. Justin Gilbert :: Talked myself into the pick because his athletic traits and size were off the charts and we needed a shutdown corner.
8. Barkevious Mingo :: Tired of the failed undersized pass rusher experiments in Cleveland. Anyone would have been a better attempt at the draft.
7. Jeff Faine :: I was ticked. We cut Dave Wohlabaugh who was easily our best lineman and had just drafted a center in round 3. It was just showing Davis's incompetence and CENTER 
6. Johny Manziel :: Would have hated the pick more but I figured 22 wasn't a horrible range to take a shot on his potential dispute size and off field issues.
5. Joe Haden :: I was irate after this pick. I was a big Earl Thomas fans. I wanted Thomas in the worst way. One of my most wanted picks.
4. Gerard Warren :: Didn't see it. It was purely a Butch Davis comfort pick. Everyone knew it was a stupid pick at the time but they talked themselves into it. Seymour was the clear cut consensus Top DT in the draft and Davis tried to out smart the league and Tomlinson was an elite prospect as well.

3. Kellen Winslow :: Would have hated this pick much less except I wanted to burn the entire city when we traded a high second round pick just to move up one spot and as good as he was in college he was still a TIGHT END. Taking a TE 6th overall is sketchy enough but then you trade away a high second to get him? Butch Davis is still my most hated drafted to this day.

2. Camerion Erving :: Words cannot even explain how much I hated the pick and his play made it even worse.
1. Brandon Weeden :: Everyone knew Weeden was a terrible pick before it happen. Everyone knew the only team willing to draft him in the Top 75 picks was Cleveland and despite all that our retarded FO still took him 22nd overall when they could have had grandpa in round 3. The biggest reason it ticked me off is because for months everyone knew Cleveland was going to be the team to pick him. Every mock draft and every QB segment talked about him to Browns. If it was so obvious it was because only one team even showed interest in him. Why couldn't they wait? Even if he was 21 years old the guy was a mid 2nd round prospect at best. Everyone knew he was going to be bad before it even happened and we did it anyway. Honestly I hated this pick more than every other bad pick we've made before and since combined. It was a complete wasted pick from the very start.

Anyone else have a ranking?

I'm mostly aligned with your list with the following exceptions:

• Have Njoku in mid teens.  When we traded up, I was ecstatic that we would be stopping the Rueben Foster fall.  Like Njoku, just a little disappointed.
  • Corey Coleman just outside my top 10 - Always concerned with high pick WR's that can't run a route tree
  • Kellen Winslow to 17 - Sure, the second was the over the top, but I saw the future top TE in the league
  • Move Brandon Weeden to his own list - I'll never forget, I'm watching with 40 Browns fans who are degenerate gamblers.  Each put $5 on a bunch of bets, one being second player the Browns pick.  My wife is there for moral support, and picked like 46 out of 50.  All reasonable players have already been selected and I tell her Weeden, just in case we trade down a bunch of times.  When he went 22, 40 Browns fans turn deathly silent/angry, and my wife, $200 richer, screams in joy.  I thought we were going to get run out of the bar.

Archived