Market value for 2018 Free Agents?

Danger

12 minutes ago, Ballimore said:

Ryan Jensen will be a top 3 paid center.

Definitely. I just posted in the 49er forum when we re-signed our starting center (who is pretty bad), that I didn't mind staying away from the FA market. Jensen is the best of a bad crop, but my understanding was that he pretty okay last year, but not great or anything? Not sure how accurate that is. But I think when this free agent market is done, he definitely has a top 5 center contract in the NFL, if not a top 3. The jets and bills badly need a center, and the Jets have money to burn. The Bengals need a center as well, and maybe the Giants since Richburg is a FA (not that he was ever trusted to stay healthy anyway). There's going to be a good market for that dude. 

Im half hoping the Steelers let LeVeon walk.

I mean, he'll be an asset to whatever team he goes to, but as unfair as it might be to the great backs on the league, Im not a fan of a paying any back $15+ million.   Too short a shelf life I think a huge amount of their success is dictated by the OLine and QB.   I honestly think the Steelers can replace his RUNNING production without missing much of a beat, and with Ben and the talent we have at WR, we would be fine without him as a pass catcher.....his overall versatility and blocking ability would be missed the most, but I wouldnt pay the money he wants to keep it.     Too many other holes on this team.

On 2/14/2018 at 4:56 PM, Forge said:

Definitely. I just posted in the 49er forum when we re-signed our starting center (who is pretty bad), that I didn't mind staying away from the FA market. Jensen is the best of a bad crop, but my understanding was that he pretty okay last year, but not great or anything? Not sure how accurate that is. But I think when this free agent market is done, he definitely has a top 5 center contract in the NFL, if not a top 3. The jets and bills badly need a center, and the Jets have money to burn. The Bengals need a center as well, and maybe the Giants since Richburg is a FA (not that he was ever trusted to stay healthy anyway). There's going to be a good market for that dude. 

The Bills have Ryan Groy who at least fits the power scheme we are going to run. He’s at least avegerage, sure we could use an upgrade and i wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft one but i don’t think we will be dropping money in free agency for a center this year.

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im half hoping the Steelers let LeVeon walk.

I mean, he'll be an asset to whatever team he goes to, but as unfair as it might be to the great backs on the league, Im not a fan of a paying any back $15+ million.   Too short a shelf life I think a huge amount of their success is dictated by the OLine and QB.   I honestly think the Steelers can replace his RUNNING production without missing much of a beat, and with Ben and the talent we have at WR, we would be fine without him as a pass catcher.....his overall versatility and blocking ability would be missed the most, but I wouldnt pay the money he wants to keep it.     Too many other holes on this team.

I definitely agree with this. No way would i want my team spending 15 million on a running back, that’s borderline unacceptable.

7 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I definitely agree with this. No way would i want my team spending 15 million on a running back, that’s borderline unacceptable.

The main reason I believe the Steelers are trying so hard to retain him is to keep their aging franchise QB happy.

Although if Ben was smarter, he would realize that spending that money more wisely would give him a better opportunity of winning another Superbowl before he retires.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think he resets the market...too much inconsistent play in his past. That said, I'd expect any apy of 11 or 12?

Yeah, Trumaine Johnson and Butler are going to be the ones to set the market(if they both hit FA). The former especially.

The 11 or 12 is pushing it for Fuller. I see 6-9 APY. He played very well this season but it's just one season during a contract year(where players tend to play better) after coming off an injury the year prior and completely nose-diving his sophmore year. Add this to the fact that even though he played well as a whole, he was still pretty light in the turnover category which is a bit of a red light given that he was targeted over 100 times this season.   

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah, Trumaine Johnson and Butler are going to be the ones to set the market(if they both hit FA). The former especially.

The 11 or 12 is pushing it for Fuller. I see 6-9 APY. He played very well this season but it's just one season during a contract year(where players tend to play better) after coming off an injury the year prior and completely nose-diving his sophmore year. Add this to the fact that even though he played well as a whole, he was still pretty light in the turnover category which is a bit of a red light given that he was targeted over 100 times this season.   

That's a great stat I was unaware of. I could see 9. I think there's too much money on the market for him to be closer to 6

Archived