• Maurice Hurst [ DT ] Michigan
    • Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA
    • Orlando Brown [ OT ] Oklahoma
    • Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas
    • Da'Ron Payne [ DT ] Alabama
    • Josh Jackson [ CB ] Iowa
    • Ronald Jones II [ RB ] USC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2018 at 08:23 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Buccs Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Defensive Back: The Bucs must find multiple starters in the secondary with FS Keith Tandy and LCB Brent Grimes’ contracts up and 2016 first-round pick Vernon Hargreaves underperforming through two seasons. The coaching staff spoke openly after the season about the possibility Hargreaves would be better suited at slot corner long term. Tampa Bay finished 31st in pass-defense DVOA and will likely undergo an offseason overhaul in the secondary. 

Running Back: Doug Martin will be released and Charles Sims is a free agent, leaving Peyton Barber and Jacquizz Rodgers as the Bucs’ only two backs signed for the 2018 season. Tampa Bay was heavily linked to Dalvin Cook before last year’s draft. Expect at least two running back additions. 

Offensive Guard: With LG Kevin Pamphile and his backup Evan Smith headed to free agency, the Bucs’ left guard job is wide open. RG J.R. Sweezy has also been discussed as a release candidate. Sweezy missed all of 2016 due to back surgery, then struggled mightily in his 2017 return. A fourth Bucs need is defensive line, where 2017 free agent pickup DT Chris Baker disappointed and another speed rusher would come in handy off the edge. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay

8.Chicago

9.San Francisco

10.Oakland

11.Miami

12.Cincinnati

13.Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

Surprised people are going with Minkah Fitzpatrick. Minkah isn't a corner (which they could use), nor is he a FS (which they could use). He's a nickel or a SS. I think he could maybe play FS, but I wouldn't want to draft a guy that can MAYBE play the position in the top 10. Plus, his strengths as a player revolve around him being able to attack the line of scrimmage and create plays around the ball. I can't imagine them wanting to take him away from being a box player. And didn't they draft Justin Evans in the 2nd or 3rd round last year to be their SS? It seems to me like they'd need a pass rusher way before they'd need a SS that might be able to play FS.

Marcus Davenport was my selection. Then I went with Denzel Ward next.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I went with Fitz then Davenport.

This draft is pretty much worst case scenario for us.

I think Davenport is better than Chubb. You guys should be thrilled if you are able to snag either one of these dudes IMO. If you wanted Chubb, I think you'll love Davenport. They're both good players and neither is going to be a bust, but Davenport has the more unstoppable pass rush move. He bull rushes OT's into oblivion. Chubb has better technique and gives A+++ effort, but I think Davenport's upside is higher and it's not like he has a low floor.

I think Fitzpatrick's versatility would be welcome in that secondary.   I don't see any issues with him playing with Justin Evans anyway.  I don't think either one of them is strictly locked into SS or FS, I think they'd make a nice tandem.  Plus you have Fitzpatrick's ability to play in the slot which only adds to his value.

The secondary choice is much harder.   Would love to give them a DE but I'm not sold on Davenport being a top 10 pick.  Would love to give them a tackle but again, I don't see any top 10 caliber players there.  I guess I'd go with Denzel Ward.

47 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I went with Fitz then Davenport.

This draft is pretty much worst case scenario for us.

That's what I did. Davenport is a big gamble, but not unprecedented (Ziggy Ansah). Minkah is a really nice consolation prize if it plays out like this at 7, even if not ideal. 

Yes, this is worst case scenario.   I went Davenport and James.  Davenport is a gamble, but since the GM drafted a tackle from Hobart and a FG  kicker in the 2nd round, he is willing to take risks.  They are in dire straits for pass rush.  My 2nd choice is James.  Drafted Evans in 2nd round who is more FS, I think James would compliment him better because I view Minkah only as a safety.  

17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Davenport is better than Chubb. You guys should be thrilled if you are able to snag either one of these dudes IMO. If you wanted Chubb, I think you'll love Davenport. They're both good players and neither is going to be a bust, but Davenport has the more unstoppable pass rush move. He bull rushes OT's into oblivion. Chubb has better technique and gives A+++ effort, but I think Davenport's upside is higher and it's not like he has a low floor.

I honestly think we'll draft him anyway. So your glowing endorsement makes me feel a little better.

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Davenport isn't better than Chubb, but Davenport is the right answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived