Dynasty League: How To Handle An Owner Leaving?

the lone star

So let's say you're in a dynasty league and an owner, halfway through the season decides that he will not return next season.

How do you handle his roster management?

Do you prevent him from making any trades? Do you just make sure the trades he makes are for fair market value? 
What do you do in regards to adds/drops and promotions/demotions to the taxi squad?

It all comes down to if that owner is playing fairly or not. Commissioner should have final (impartial) say on all trades anyways, so the owner leaving isn't really a factor in that situation. If the owner starts behaving without his teams best interest in mind (and it would have to be blatant), then the commissioner should just take over control of that team for the remainder of the season.

Just to clarify, I'm not the commissioner. This was several years back, so I am just trying to get some more input.

I made a trade at fair value for Julio Jones, where I gave up Hurns (during his 1000 yard season), a first round pick (either Carson Wentz or Hunter Henry) and a 2nd round pick (Keanu Neal). but the commissioner blocked it.

However, two years later, the commissioner goes on to make a trade for Julio with the new owner, who just so happens to be a friend of his.

#iCallBS

But thank you for the input. I think the trade that was made was in the best interest of both teams. I gave up A LOT, so in a way it worked out for me, but in another way, it would have been nice to have Julio to build around. 

21 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It all comes down to if that owner is playing fairly or not. Commissioner should have final (impartial) say on all trades anyways, so the owner leaving isn't really a factor in that situation. If the owner starts behaving without his teams best interest in mind (and it would have to be blatant), then the commissioner should just take over control of that team for the remainder of the season.

Who should have a final/impartial say on trades that involve the commissioner though? How do you check his power?

19 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The owner was very kind in giving you notice. You blocking his/her activity would be incredibly screwed up. If he is breaking league rules, sure. But I doubt he/she would. 

Yeah, I think blocking the activity would be messed up as well. But that's what happened, unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Who should have a final/impartial say on trades that involve the commissioner though? How do you check his power?

League vote if there is a problem. Commissioner should also hold themselves to higher standard to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Archived