HAPPY AJ MCCARRON DAY

mistakey

if he is RFA
- to those who didnt want him, you may have won! except for maybe now we'll have to trade a draft pick for him

if he is UFA
- at least we wont have to give up a draft pick!

WELCOME TO OUR DAY 1 STARTER REGARTDLESS
MR BAD TATTOO MCARRON

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

if he is RFA
- to those who didnt want him, you may have won! except for maybe now we'll have to trade a draft pick for him

if he is UFA
- at least we wont have to give up a draft pick!

WELCOME TO OUR DAY 1 STARTER REGARTDLESS
MR BAD TATTOO MCARRON

This guy gets it. 

What's the thought process behind signing him?

He has 6 career TDs, not experienced enough to be a veteran bridge. And he's 27, too young to want to be a placeholder.

I'd have thought he'd be more suited to someone like the Bills, a team that doesn't have the #1 pick available to spend on their choice of a better prospect. Somewhere he can take a shot unopposed at being the future of the franchise.

40 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He has 6 career TDs, not experienced enough to be a veteran bridge. And he's 27, too young to want to be a placeholder.

I'd have thought he'd be more suited to someone like the Bills, a team that doesn't have the #1 pick available to spend on their choice of a better prospect. Somewhere he can take a shot unopposed at being the future of the franchise.

Because he’s the only one who wants to come play here likely

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The idea of getting a starting gig, even for a year might be appealing to him.

If he comes in here, plays well and is a free agent again next offseason, he could really cash in.

There are only so many starting spots...

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The idea of getting a starting gig, even for a year might be appealing to him.

If he comes in here, plays well and is a free agent again next offseason, he could really cash in.

There are only so many starting spots...

I'd love to get him either way, and if he walked after a year--ideally I pay him well year I've in a three year deal with a team option to let him become a free agent after year one, which would depend on his play and the other passers' development on the team--I'm guessing we get a high comp. Or he dominates and we keep him/trade him a la Foles.

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'd love to get him either way, and if he walked after a year--ideally I pay him well year I've in a three year deal with a team option to let him become a free agent after year one, which would depend on his play and the other passers' development on the team--I'm guessing we get a high comp. Or he dominates and we keep him/trade him a la Foles.

Absolutely.

Glennon type deal, 3/45 with a team option (and little guaranteed) after year 1.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Also, great job Sashi. You saved us a 2nd and a 3rd for a player we'll probably get for free a few months later. Whilst ensuring he didn't play us out of the #1 overall.

Goodnight sweet prince.

SAshi better get a Super Bowl ring after this is done with 

give McCarron 2 year deal Mike Glennon money and draft Darnold let’s go

Archived