Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I feel like since the new forum started I’ve heard “don’t be afraid to start new threads” a million times. And the same number of times I’ve seen people say they hate someone’s thread

Just sayin

This post should probably just be it’s own thread

On 2/15/2018 at 12:27 PM, Danger said:

You're missing the point. When you put everything into one thread like this, then a lot of it gets missed in the crowd essentially. When threads like this are used for all rumors (like they were in the past) then I have to sift through things that mean basically nothing to me to determine if there's anything significant. 

If you want to rename this the "Small rumors thread" then yeah, that's all fine and good.

Do you know how many rumors get started between early March and late April?  Its not like major RUMORS get their own threads on here, either.    Occasionally maybe, but for the most part, only confirmed NEWS stories get their own threads.  If every rumor, even the somewhat bigger ones, got their own threads, this place would be flooded with them, and Ive never seen that.   Bigger rumors are going to be on the major websites anyway, so I doubt anyone is going to miss the MAJOR rumors.   This is simply a place to discuss them, and then if/when the rumors are confirmed, THEN they get their own thread.

And if the OP wanted to, he could put links in the first post to various rumors contained in the thread.   That way, none of the rumors would be missed.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

If they are willing to get rid of him he must be a cancer in the locker room.

If it ends up being true, yeah, you’d have to think his antics last season really got on the team’s nerves. 

Because there’s no other normal reason that one of the best playmakers in the league would be on the trade block at his age, especially on a roster that doesn’t really have any other good cornerbacks at the moment. 

I’m not buying it.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

If they are willing to get rid of him he must be a cancer in the locker room.

That can happen! Korey Toomer has been bouncing around the league for years:

Career history

On 2/15/2018 at 12:17 PM, thebestever6 said:

We'll take the 4th you got for Ajayi lol. But seriously Gates coached and loves cj. I think Denver gets a 6th minimum. Could see that pick used on Ballage or a new rb.

No team, including Miami, is giving up assets for CJ when he's going to be cut. Likely to land in Miami based on rumors from reliable sources.

On 2/15/2018 at 12:52 PM, bzane said:

Eli Apple

He would be gobbled up instantly, it's smart to give him a clean slate. He's talented.

Archived