Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Was also retweeted by Allbright, who is usually dependable on Denver stuffs.

Hard to read story short, from what I can gather:

Chris Harris (currently making well below market avg at 8.5m/y) has a $1m option bonus due on 3/9 and is asking for a (deserved) pay raise.  And "someone" within the Broncos organization (probably safe to assume it's at least someone who was in communication with the person whom he submitted the request to, if not the person himself) to him that not only was the raise not going to happen but that asking for a pay-raise when the team was 5-11 is "inappropriate."

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Chris Harris (currently making well below market avg at 8.5m/y) has a $1m option bonus due on 3/9 and is asking for a (deserved) pay raise.  And "someone" within the Broncos organization (probably safe to assume it's at least someone who was in communication with the person whom he submitted the request to, if not the person himself) to him that not only was the raise not going to happen but that asking for a pay-raise when the team was 5-11 is "inappropriate."

We will gladly take him off their hands.

12 hours ago, The LBC said:

This is frankly just insulting and is going affect Denver’s standing with more players around the league than just Chris Harris. “The team around you sucks so it’s inappropriate for you to expect to be paid your market value.” If I’m Harris I’m demanding a trade and no one in a front office around the league should frown upon it either.

Rumor is that Houston might be cutting Lamar Miller. He's been a competent RB, really helps in both the running and passing game, but you could get similar production on a cheap rookie deal. 

This also might mean that 3rd round pick D'Onta Freeman might be healing better than expected from his achilles tear and could be ready by opening day.

I personally think Miller stays, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Rumor is that Houston might be cutting Lamar Miller. He's been a competent RB, really helps in both the running and passing game

Remember when Miami was lambasted for letting Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, and Charles Clay walk?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

21 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I usually hate Mike Rodak, he’s the worst Bills best writer out there, but LOOOOOOLLLLL at these stats. Good riddance, Tyrod.

Sometimes I just can't understand how NFL QBs can be so accurate while worrying about pressure and throwing to such a small spot while the receiver is 10, 15, 20+ yards away from the spot at the time he releases the ball. Then I watch Tyrod throw the ball and realize just how impressive it really is when guys like Brees or Wilson do what they do.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Remember when Miami was lambasted for letting Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, and Charles Clay walk?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'm probably being harsh - he was good for us. Played out of position as an every down/in between the tackles banger when he's clearly a speedy outside guy. Caught passes well, too - think he caught close to 80 consecutive passes without a drop over the past two seasons (with our musical chairs situation at QB). 

Could be worse, but not exactly great.

Archived