Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

No actually they'd be slightly under a million dollars over the cap if they acquired Rob Gronkowski. Cut Josh Hill, Ben Watson, and Michael Hoomanawanui and there is $4 mil to sign a the remaining draft picks and UDFA's they need to. Giving up 27 to get Gronk would leave them with no player contract more lucrative than a late third round pick as that would be their highest remaining pick this year. Like the Patriots in 2017 draft. Point is, they are very close in cap space to being able to afford Gronkowski.

LMAO. You just cut every other TE on the roster to make room for a guy with a proven track record of getting injured. That's great business practice right there.

Saints trading for Gronk makes no sense. Jimmy Graham was a FA, and he has history with the Saints. ASJ was a FA. Neither required trading away what little draft capital the Saints have this year. Not to mention the Saints have very little cap space to work with, it's why they pulled out of the Jimmy sweepstakes once the price got too rich. They're better off just keeping their 1st round pick and taking a TE in the draft if they want one that badly.

If the Browns draft Allen with the 1st overall pick, they deserve everything they get and should not be allowed to have a winning season for the next 40 years. They've punished themselves with incompetence, but now they should be punished for their incompetence.

5 hours ago, joru1000 said:

If the Browns draft Allen with the 1st overall pick, they deserve everything they get and should not be allowed to have a winning season for the next 40 years. They've punished themselves with incompetence, but now they should be punished for their incompetence.

I fully trust John Dorsey to evaluate and correctly choose his roster. The  only thing I question is if Haslam intervenes for his guy.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I fully trust John Dorsey to evaluate and correctly choose his roster. The  only thing I question is if Haslam intervenes for his guy.

I think he already did.

Not sure Dorsey wanted to keep Hue Jackson as HC, but when asked about Hue's status Dorsey said: "I think ownership has already spoken on question "

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I think he already did.

Not sure Dorsey wanted to keep Hue Jackson as HC, but when asked about Hue's status Dorsey said: "I think ownership has already spoken on question "

That could be taken as Hue isn't his guy and was forced upon him. Or it could be that the question was already answered and Dorsey doens't like repeating answers. In that interview, did Haslam previously answer that same question?

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I think he already did.

Again i have to point out that the Browns sought out Dorsey, not the other way around and Dorsey doesnt take the job unless he is given full autonomy on football decisions.  Any speculation on Haslam forcing Jackson on Dorsey is just that, speculation.  All the evidence, including Dorseys own comments, points to him putting the blame for the failures of the team on the front office.  Maybe, just maybe, he thinks that Hue was set up for failure and feels he deserves a fair shake.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:19 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I hate to bag on Cleveland but yea sadly taking him would be a mistake

Your saying taking a 4th round project QB who has literally never been good at football at any level he has played number #1 overall would be a bad thing?

I might be so mad if they take him #1 I might just turn the draft off because it doesnt matter what we do after that. Ill become the biggest Tyrod Taylor fan in the world and hope he has a career season just so I never have to watch Josh Allen QB for my team.

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Your saying taking a 4th round project QB who has literally never been good at football at any level he has played number #1 overall would be a bad thing?

In what world is Josh Allen a 4th round project QB? He's certainly a project, but Josh Allen's don't get drafted in the 4th round. Ever.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

In what world is Josh Allen a 4th round project QB? He's certainly a project, but Josh Allen's don't get drafted in the 4th round. Ever.

What traits are you speaking of here that make someone like Josh Allen not go in the 4th round? Look at the QB's who've gone in the 4th over the years:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Agreed. Someone will regret drafting him in the top 15 IMO, most likely in the top 10. 

Personally I  wouldn't want him in the top 3 rounds.

Archived