Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Ok - my thoughts (meaning FINAL thoughts) on threads like this:

They're perfectly fine. Since we started on the new platform, we've encouraged as much conversation as possible. Threads like this have the tendency to bottleneck information, but - unlike the old forum - we're not going to prevent you from starting up a new topic based on what's happening here. 

So, if you have or see an item in here that you'd like to expand on in its own thread, go ahead and open it! There's enough football talk to go around.

Thanks. PM me if you have any questions.

- ET

44 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

No team, including Miami, is giving up assets for CJ when he's going to be cut. Likely to land in Miami based on rumors from reliable sources.

He would be gobbled up instantly, it's smart to give him a clean slate. He's talented.

There's 31 teams in the league I'm sure there will be a market for CJ 1000 yards with virtually no  qb is impressive. 

Yup, as has been reported by the Miami Herald for days now (among other South Florida newspapers), the most likely scenario when it comes to the Landry/Dolphins situation is a trade. It is reportedly very unlikely Miami keeps Landry for 2018, either on the tag or otherwise; if the Dolphins can't find a trade partner, it's almost certain they will rescind the tag and simply collect the compensatory pick.

Saints, Panthers (lot of hints in this direction, see below), Bears have been reported as potential trade partners.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along "speculation" that the Dolphins prefer UCLA QB Josh Rosen if they're able to trade up for a quarterback in the draft.

The Dolphins have been linked heavily to Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield the past month or two. They very well may like both quarterbacks, and Pauline believes Dolphins EVP Mike Tannenbaum wants to "mimic" close friend Howie Roseman's plan with the Eagles by trading up and "making a bold move for a young quarterback and striking gold" like Roseman did for Carson Wentz. "Several in the league" believe Miami will use Jarvis Landry as ammo to move up from No. 11 overall.

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along "speculation" that the Dolphins prefer UCLA QB Josh Rosen if they're able to trade up for a quarterback in the draft.

The Dolphins have been linked heavily to Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield the past month or two. They very well may like both quarterbacks, and Pauline believes Dolphins EVP Mike Tannenbaum wants to "mimic" close friend Howie Roseman's plan with the Eagles by trading up and "making a bold move for a young quarterback and striking gold" like Roseman did for Carson Wentz. "Several in the league" believe Miami will use Jarvis Landry as ammo to move up from No. 11 overall.

If Rosen is still there at 3 or 4 (unlikely but possible), I could definitely see a trade with Indianapolis or Cleveland if this is the case.

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Rosen is still there at 3 or 4 (unlikely but possible), I could definitely see a trade with Indianapolis or Cleveland if this is the case.

It would mean Miami would have to keep Landry on the books for $16m all through free agency. It would take away their ability to rescind the tag and collect comp picks.

I highly, highly doubt Landry is still on the roster during the draft.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

One thing is Mike Tannenbaum isn't afraid to make a huge deal.

Archived