Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

there was some smoke there with Gronk since the super bowl, so I can't not believe that report.

New England seems to finally be cracking a little bit.

I think any team that would give a ton for him isn't the smartest, he's not gonna be in the league that much longer. His body keeps breaking down.
But any team is better with him on it, so if the Rams, Niners or whichever team would do it can do it reasonably go for it. Because it could be a year or two rental.

Being in LA might get a little more juice out of Gronk or speed up his exit from football as he gets way more opportunities elsewhere...hard to say. 

It is simple for me, Brady is pretty old and to take away his main weapon just isn't in the works. There is no way, they will sacrifice the last few years of Brady's career by trading Gonk. BB is one smart HC and he too s nearing the end of a career and wants to remain competitive till the end for both he and Brady, so Gronk will stay!!!

Gronk leaving sounds like a pipe dream/wishful thinking by fans to me. He probably has Zero desire to play for any other organization and would retire/nix any potential deal in the works anyways.

It's not that BB hasn't done this to other Aging Veteran SB studs before, but Gronk? Highly highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It is simple for me, Brady is pretty old and to take away his main weapon just isn't in the works. There is no way, they will sacrifice the last few years of Brady's career by trading Gonk. BB is one smart HC and he too s nearing the end of a career and wants to remain competitive till the end for both he and Brady, so Gronk will stay!!!

To be fair, Edelman is Brady's go to in between the 20's. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who else is left in the FA pool thats worth anything?

There's some solid safeties left, as Sojia said.

Also, I'm a Ross Cockrell supporter for a zone based team at corner. Don't want him to have anything to do with a man cover scheme, so he's super limited. But he's solid in zone. DRC has still been playing at a solid level as well. 

I think Johnathan Hankins is still out there, and Bennie Logan. Navorro Bowman. Korey Toomer is a two down somewhat cheap thumper I'm surprised hasn't found a home for yet. Kony Ealy. Orleans Darkwa I thought was a serviceable running back. Quinton Dial is what he is, but he's a solid depth piece. 

There are some okay pieces out there. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, I'm a Ross Cockrell supporter for a zone based team at corner. Don't want him to have anything to do with a man cover scheme, so he's super limited. But he's solid in zone.

Panthers signed him a week or two ago.  Good fit.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Panthers signed him a week or two ago.  Good fit.

Oh, I totally missed that. That's a really good fit, definite solid signing. I'd been hoping the 49ers would sign him. 

21 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

As someone with Pacific Islander blood, I'm debating starting an online petition to make Roger have to read off Vea's full name when he's drafted next month.  Who's with me?

14 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm debating starting an online petition to make Roger have to read off Vea's full name when he's drafted next month.

I’m debating having his full name on the back of my shirt if the Rams draft him. 

22 minutes ago, The LBC said:

As someone with Pacific Islander blood, I'm debating starting an online petition to make Roger have to read off Vea's full name when he's drafted next month.  Who's with me?

He might do it anyway to be honest.

Archived