AJ McCarron UFA Now

TheVillain112

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

If I were a team like the Bills that wasn't in position to draft the elite qb, I'd look into signing him. I don't think he goes somewhere like Cleveland to be a stop gap. 

Exactly. Just reading his quotes about wanting an opportunity to play, makes me think he wants to play long term. Not just a 1 year stop gap like in Cleveland if they take a QB at 1 or 4. The only way I think he ends up in Cleveland is if they tell him they won't draft a QB in the first round. 

On 2/16/2018 at 8:51 AM, Beck Bristow said:

If I were a team like the Bills that wasn't in position to draft the elite qb, I'd look into signing him. I don't think he goes somewhere like Cleveland to be a stop gap. 

The Bills have an elite and experienced qb in Nathan Peterman whatchu talkin bout fam

On 2/16/2018 at 3:08 PM, Carson4MVP said:

Exactly. Just reading his quotes about wanting an opportunity to play, makes me think he wants to play long term. Not just a 1 year stop gap like in Cleveland if they take a QB at 1 or 4. The only way I think he ends up in Cleveland is if they tell him they won't draft a QB in the first round. 

I think the only way he plays in Cleveland is by signing a 1 year deal, regardless of when they take a QB.  He's in no position to tell them who to draft or when.  See Glennon, Mike...

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I think the only way he plays in Cleveland is by signing a 1 year deal, regardless of when they take a QB.  He's in no position to tell them who to draft or when.  See Glennon, Mike...

Exactly. I think the Mike Glennon situation is the exact reason why he would tell them who not yo draft. I don't think Glennon would have went to Chicago had he known they were taking a QB at 3 (technically 2 with their trade up). I don't think he ever thought they'd take a QB. 

On 2/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, Carson4MVP said:

Exactly. I think the Mike Glennon situation is the exact reason why he would tell them who not yo draft. I don't think Glennon would have went to Chicago had he known they were taking a QB at 3 (technically 2 with their trade up). I don't think he ever thought they'd take a QB. 

That's true.  But if McCarron doesn't have any options, 8-16 games as a placeholder is better than 0 games as a backup.  He won't have any say in who they draft.

9 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Got a bad feeling that Mikey is going to use the Mccarron ruling and open roster spot as an excuse to give Manziel a second chance.

I sincerely hope that is not the case.  I also think it's probably unlikely.  While the team has given troubled players second chances in the past, they've almost always been extraordinarily talented players.  Manziel barely qualifies as talented.

11 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Got a bad feeling that Mikey is going to use the Mccarron ruling and open roster spot as an excuse to give Manziel a second chance.

Eh, even if it happens, it's not like we are investing heavily in him.  While I don't really want us to sign him, I don't think it's some sort of big distraction.  If he causes any issues, easy to cut.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Eh, even if it happens, it's not like we are investing heavily in him.  While I don't really want us to sign him, I don't think it's some sort of big distraction.  If he causes any issues, easy to cut.

Hopefully it doesn’t give them an excuse to pass on qb’s in the draft also.

3 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

Hopefully it doesn’t give them an excuse to pass on qb’s in the draft also.

Odds aren't much better on a mid round drafted QB being a difference maker either.  Brady and Wilson are the exceptions, not the rule.

Archived