AJ McCarron UFA Now

TheVillain112

17 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

What a disappointment. Could have had decent compensation for him. Now they will be lucky to get a 3rd round comp pick next year... 

I hope he goes on to win Super Bowls...

Sad but this is a similar sentiment that I had.  Which is unfortunate but after the Bengals extended Marvin Lewis again, I'm sadly happy now when bad things happen to us...

39 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Man I hope not.  That means we really aren't going to venture into free agency..................again

Which is what will happen. They have already said what they are gonna do. Extend Geno and Carlos, and resign Bodine then there will “be no money left”

35 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Good luck to aj and his hot wife. Hopefully he gets way overpaid before being exposed as a fringe starter.

I hope he's awesome, just to really stick it to the Bengals. I don't know why. 

I also don't think that will happen. 

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Man I hope not.  That means we really aren't going to venture into free agency..................again

Prepare to be disappointed. The team feels snakebitten after all the FA misses over the last 10 years. 

So, what are your thoughts on him? Him signing with the Browns would make a lot of sense. Does he surprise everyone and become a legit starter? Solid stop-gap? Or a complete bust? As a Browns fan, I'm hoping he can at least be a solid stop-gap for whoever we draft at QB.

27 minutes ago, DawgX said:

So, what are your thoughts on him? Him signing with the Browns would make a lot of sense. Does he surprise everyone and become a legit starter? Solid stop-gap? Or a complete bust? As a Browns fan, I'm hoping he can at least be a solid stop-gap for whoever we draft at QB.

If you put pieces around him he will win you games. But I doubt he will be anything spectacular. His ceiling is probably a better Dalton 

4 hours ago, theJ said:

I hope he's awesome, just to really stick it to the Bengals. I don't know why. 

I also don't think that will happen. 

He has potential, but I am guessing a Tyrod Taylorish career for him. He never showed enough in his small opportunities to make me think he was a better option than Dalton, so I don't really get this idea of sticking it to the Bengals. Maybe if he is the clear cut starter he can do more. I think a team like Arizona would be a good spot for him. They arent really in a good draft spot to get their choice of qb, maybe take a chance on this guy and if he's good, you're in luck, if not, you have a great draft pick.

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

He has potential, but I am guessing a Tyrod Taylorish career for him. He never showed enough in his small opportunities to make me think he was a better option than Dalton, so I don't really get this idea of sticking it to the Bengals. Maybe if he is the clear cut starter he can do more. I think a team like Arizona would be a good spot for him. They arent really in a good draft spot to get their choice of qb, maybe take a chance on this guy and if he's good, you're in luck, if not, you have a great draft pick.

I don't want him to stick it to the Bengals because they wronged him or because i think they should keep him.  I'm just frustrated with how they're handling the team and saying dumb things because of it.

Archived