Pre Free Agency Mock Offseason

TheeRealDeal

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Harold Landry is nowhere close to being DE #1.

Depends on your perspective. I worry Chubb will be solid, but not great.  Davenport has a lot of projection to his game. Landry, like Connor Williams, showed everything you want to see in 2016.  You just have to figure out if 2017 was injury or something coachable, and if his supreme bend has returned at the Combine. 

4 hours ago, JoshBooty said:

Depends on your perspective. I worry Chubb will be solid, but not great.  Davenport has a lot of projection to his game. Landry, like Connor Williams, showed everything you want to see in 2016.  You just have to figure out if 2017 was injury or something coachable, and if his supreme bend has returned at the Combine. 

He's not very explosive despite being smaller and having the ability to bend an edge. I watched Roderick Johnson--a slow-footed OT--destroy him last season, which was a much better year for him overall. He's a smart and versatile DE as a pass rusher, but utterly worthless as a run defender and is prone to being absolutely ragdolled by guys. I want to believe that we could find a stud pass rusher in the 2nd round, but I don't see it. If we are swinging for the fences with a pass rusher in R2, I'd look to Dorance Armstrong, Arden Key (if he slips), or Lorenzo Carter before Landry.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's not very explosive despite being smaller and having the ability to bend an edge. I watched Roderick Johnson--a slow-footed OT--destroy him last season, which was a much better year for him overall. He's a smart and versatile DE as a pass rusher, but utterly worthless as a run defender and is prone to being absolutely ragdolled by guys. I want to believe that we could find a stud pass rusher in the 2nd round, but I don't see it. If we are swinging for the fences with a pass rusher in R2, I'd look to Dorance Armstrong, Arden Key (if he slips), or Lorenzo Carter before Landry.

We already have Ogbah as a strong run blocker  I want to improve our pass rush, and his former production and upside intrigues me.

I can get behind Dorance. I don’t know enough about the off field stuff on Key, and got burned really liking Randy Gregory, so I’ll leave that to the retired FBI agents who snoop around players past. Haven’t watched much of Lorenzo Carter, but I’ll have a look. 

29 minutes ago, JoshBooty said:

We already have Ogbah as a strong run blocker  I want to improve our pass rush, and his former production and upside intrigues me.

I can get behind Dorance. I don’t know enough about the off field stuff on Key, and got burned really liking Randy Gregory, so I’ll leave that to the retired FBI agents who snoop around players past. Haven’t watched much of Lorenzo Carter, but I’ll have a look. 

I don't think he'd like that very much.

Lorenzo Carter is a refined Barkevious Mingo. He's got speed, length, and athleticism. However, he plays with great technique and gap control and doesn't assume everything is a pass. He's got a very sleight frame, but knows how to protect himself and play with composure to ensure he doesn't get washed away. Extremely underrated.

Dorance Armstrong is a speed freak that beats OT's with raw athleticism. He's pretty powerful too, but again, suffers from the "everything is a pass" syndrome. A lot of that is scheme related for these guys though, as some defensive schemes just fly their ends up to keep things in between the tackles. It's fine for the zone read game, but terrible for power run schemes.

This by far is one of the worst things I have ever read on these forums and it would make me NOT be a browns fan anymore. Taking Baker Mayfield #1 would be God awful but taking Darnold and getting my hopes up that we are passing on Mayfield would be criminal. THEN at #4 with Barkley is available, you would trade away Darnold, skip Barkley and draft Mayfield. This again would make me hate this franchise. Baker Mayfield was a good college QB. That is all he will ever be. I am willing to bet cash money on this. He is Isiah Thomas tiny and will be the biggest head case bust since Johnny football. 

This mock actually hurt me to read it. Please take some time off and think before you try to mock again. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

9 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

This by far is one of the worst things I have ever read on these forums and it would make me NOT be a browns fan anymore. Taking Baker Mayfield #1 would be God awful but taking Darnold and getting my hopes up that we are passing on Mayfield would be criminal. THEN at #4 with Barkley is available, you would trade away Darnold, skip Barkley and draft Mayfield. This again would make me hate this franchise. Baker Mayfield was a good college QB. That is all he will ever be. I am willing to bet cash money on this. He is Isiah Thomas tiny and will be the biggest head case bust since Johnny football. 

This mock actually hurt me to read it. Please take some time off and think before you try to mock again. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I didn't read all of this but as I was skimming I was getting more and more upset. I couldn't think of the words to describe it until I read your reply. Took the words right out of my head.

Archived