A slightly crazy Trade-Down Mock, 4 Rounds

Just Want A Title

When I think about the draft I am usually thinking about the best-case scenario.  I tried to think of something a little more "left-field" on this.  The Patriots made a living off of trading back for second round picks.  The free agents are pretty realistic but the draft is kind of crazy.  Here goes:

Free Agents

Cornelius Carradine DE:  Could be a free agent steal now that he is playing at 275Lbs

Jerrick McKinnon RB:  A more reliable RB who replaces Ameer Abdullah

Anthony Hitchens LB:  A solid addition to our thin LB corps

Donte Moncrief WR:  A big, strong WR who could do some real damage in the middle of the field and in the red zone

I think the Lions should only keep Tion Green and Theo Riddick and add Mckinnon in free agency.  The Lions pull off a crazy trade with the Browns in which the Browns move up to 20 in exchange for Pick 33, 64, flipping draft positions in Rd 3 giving us pick 65 and DT Larry Ogunjobi.  

RD 2, 33--Will Hernandez G:  A smash-mouth road-grader to give our line some nastiness

Rd 2 51--Sam Hubbard DE:  An underrated player who is athletic and fast

Rd 2, 64--BJ Hill DT:  A big dose of nastiness for the interior of our DL

Rd 3, 65--Jerome Baker OLB:  A solid OLB who can run pretty well

RD 4--Kalen Ballage--a bigger back who is already a good pass-catcher

Fire away on this!

I forgot to mention that the trade would be done a day or two before the draft.  Why would the Browns do this?  Because they are the Browns.  If the trade is done on draft day, we would take Harrison Phillips instead of Will Hernandez at pick 33 and Quin Blanding instead of BJ Hill at 64.  Like I said: crazy.

33 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I like the trade down idea,  good mock that way... don't like McKinnon signing(personally I like Crowell better)

I thought about putting Crowell in there but Tion Green is fairly similar even though he is more of an unknown.  IHe played pretty well down the stretch.  Personally, I think the only reason he didn't get more playing time is that Caldwell never really placed a lot of value in building a running-game.  I am hoping Tion Green turns out to be a un-drafted free agent steal for the Lions.

Archived