Peyton Manning to the broadcast booth...?

vike daddy

Two of the marquee NFL color commentary jobs are available, and Peyton Manning has his choice of either one of them.

ESPN’s Monday Night Football booth hasn’t found its replacement for Jon Gruden, and FOX hasn’t said who will call its new Thursday Night Football package. But Manning would be the top choice for both networks, according to the New York Post. The report indicates that if Manning wants the job, he could command several million dollars a year for it. The only question is whether he wants the job. So far, Manning has shied away from doing television in retirement, other than appearing in commercials.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/16/report-espn-fox-both-trying-to-sign-peyton-manning-as-prime-time-analyst/

Hey vike daddy! (I'm from the old forum... started posting years ago.)

I'm not a huge Peyton Manning fan but for this I would be excited. I think the broadcast has gotten a bit stale for NFL games and introducing new talent like Peyton into the fold would be good for everyone who pays attention to the commentary during games.

17 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You must have loved Rex Ryan last year then.

Didn't listen to him, but I'm tired of the current crop and I'm all for new voices in the booth.  If they suck, fine get rid of them and get someone else in there, just don't settle for mediocrity.

Hardly even thread worthy IMO, I guess because the report named him specifically.

I just figured it was entirely obvious Peyton Manning had his choice, if he wanted it. A report coming out and saying it is just sort of redundant IYAM. 

He’d be even better than Romo and Romo is damn good.

4 minutes ago, Wolverine_Joe said:

manning is too big for the booth IMO.  he should just become a GM or part owner. 

He wouldn't make more money as a GM (how many make multi millions?) and he'd be working 80 hour weeks. He's might not want to keep doing that, after doing it for two decades.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

NBC should think about kicking Collinsworth to the side and hire manning..

He has to start next season off in the Kickoff game in Philly. He might not make it out of Philly in one piece. After the way he clearly was biased against the Eagles for a large part of the Super Bowl, he's become public enemy #1 in Philly Sports at this time.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

He has to start next season off in the Kickoff game in Philly. He might not make it out of Philly in one piece. After the way he clearly was biased against the Eagles for a large part of the Super Bowl, he's become public enemy #1 in Philly Sports at this time.

But..... but.... who would shill for Pro Football Focus during nationally-televised games???

What announcer could they find to be so blatantly biased, while broadcasting a Super Bowl???

And what of Cris Collinsworth himself? What would become of him? Must he go back to the nightclubs, working his Barry Manilow Impersonation Act???

Image result for cris collinsworth

Just now, bzane said:

But..... but.... who would shill for Pro Football Focus during nationally-televised games???

What announcer could they find to be so blatantly biased, while broadcasting a Super Bowl???

And what of Cris Collinsworth himself? What would become of him? Must he go back to the nightclubs, working his Barry Manilow Impersonation Act???

Image result for cris collinsworth

I mean, I actually like Pro Football Focus, but that's another story for another time. :S 
Certainly ain't the be all end all, and has it's flaws, but it's usually fairly useful and telling about players' overall performances.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean, I actually like Pro Football Focus, but that's another story for another time. :S 
Certainly ain't the be all end all, and has it's flaws, but it's usually fairly useful and telling about players' overall performances.

@Danger- Yeah, I like it, too- it's just that Collinsworth, as the owner, has shown dubious ethics in promoting it on national TV when, ostensibly, he's acting as a professional journalist.

Archived