Peyton Manning to the broadcast booth...?

vike daddy

I'm as bad as the next guy, but sometimes I think people can be too hard on the color commentators. It's hard to appease both casual and diehard fans.

I like Collinsworth and Romo the best right now. Manning could be good too. It would be nice to have a solid color guy who played defense, but I dont have any suggestions.

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

I'm as bad as the next guy, but sometimes I think people can be too hard on the color commentators. It's hard to appease both casual and diehard fans.

I like Collinsworth and Romo the best right now. Manning could be good too. It would be nice to have a solid color guy who played defense, but I dont have any suggestions.

Really? There's not a commentator I hate listening to more. I've literally muted the game before.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:
8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I've literally muted the game before.

Collinsworth is number 2 on the mute-o-meter.

Number 1 ?

We actually re-named our Mute button : 

" Shut- up Troy "

? Oh, Troy is annoying as Hell too. Just a distant 2nd compared to Chris in my book.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Really? There's not a commentator I hate listening to more. I've literally muted the game before.

Yeah I know that's an unpopular opinion here, but Collinsworth often points out interesting things on replay that I didnt initially notice, especially in the trenches. I can see why people find him annoying, though.

I'm sure Peyton could bring a new dynamic to broadcasting based on his intellectual prowess of the game but I can't stand his voice enough to sit through 3 hours of it, personally. 

Collingsworth is terrible. Here and there he offers a bit of insight but alot of times Collingsworth doesn't even call out the right play design (i.e calling PA plays an RPO or mixed coverage a zone). And to make matters worse he goes on small tangents about as if he's right. Now I get that the job itself isn't easy and they have to call these games as they happen and don't get the benefit of replay like we do, but cmon, when this is your profession and what you have done for a living for decades, I'd expect more out of you. Not too mention the amount of times that he has been caught, literally, making stories up, live on TV, and putting words in players/coaches mouths. That's very unprofessional.

Furthermore, I might like him a little more if it were not for him constantly quoting PFF as if it's a religion and pushing it down our throats.

Archived