Last Pre Combine Mock

Bobby816

New York Jets 2018 Offseason

Cuts:

Buster Skrine: disappointing Jets career.

Matt Forte: respect the guys career, but it’s time to go.

Mo Wilkerson: he isn’t worth 1/2 his salary anymore.

James Carpenter: doesn’t fit our ZBS.

We cut a few small names and We head into FA with 110mill in cap space roughly.

Resign:

Quincy Enunwa: 2nd Round tender.

Morris Claiborne: when healthy he’s a good #2 CB.

Demario Davis: no player has earned a contract more than this guy.

Kony Ealy: a change of scenery has seemed to spark his career. Losing Mo means nothing with resigning him. At least Ealy tries.

Chandler Catanzaro: he’s been a solid K for us.

Jonathan Harrison: backup center.

Terrance Brooks: good rotational safety behind our young guys.

Dakota Dozier: good OLine depth.

Julian Stanford: ST value.

(All these resigns cost between 25-30mill)

Free Agency:

QB: Kirk Cousins: Guys like this don’t hit FA often. He has a good 7+yrs or so of high talent football left in him. The QB drought is officially over.

CB: EJ Gaines: Love his size to be able to bang with big WRs. Very good tackler as well. Him and Claiborne are neither #1 CBs, but they’re both good #2s. I think Claiborne will be better just by having a guy like Gaines opposite him I should note.

C: Ryan Jensen: Big upgrade at Center that gives us stability this franchise loves at C.

TE: Trey Burton: Becomes our poor mans Jordan Reed for Cousins. ASJ wants too much money and we move on from him in this way.

OG: Jack Mewhort: Very talented young OG, health is his only issue. Macc has shown to take shots on guys like this in the past. When healthy he's a great OG.

CB: Aaron Colvin: Colvin becomes our slot corner. The Skrine experiment didn't work out, hopefully this one does. Loved Colvin in the draft a few years back.

Draft:

1st: Quenton Nelson (OG/Notre Dame)

Just a mauler of an OG. No exaggeration in that he is Zach Martin good that can dominate interior DLineman to create holes for RBs. We trade away Winters for nothing post draft for a late round pick next year. Beachum, Nelson, Jensen, Mewhort, Shell is a darn good OLine.

2nd: Ronald Jones III (RB/USC)

I see a star RB in this guy. Actually reminds me quite a bit of Kamara. We’ve always had a good run game when we’ve been good. Jones gets us back to that. (Jones is my man crush prospect this draft).

2nd (from Seattle): Uchenna Nwosu (Edge/USC)

This guy is exactly what Macc likes. Athletic high motor guy with big time leadership skills. There was for sure a trend in Macc's picks last year and this one is no different in a high character leader type guy. I see a raw Clay Matthews in his game. Think he might be ablet to be that 10 sack guy we've been craving.

3rd: DaeSean Hamilton (WR/Penn State)

Excellent Route Runner. Shows good quickness and has good enough speed. Really impressed at the Senior Bowl and I expect him to do the same at the combine and his pro day.

4th: Durham Smythe (TE/ Notre Dame)

Smythe is more a do it all TE unlike ASJ and Leggett. He’s a better blocker than both and has some receiving skills.

5th: Matthew Thomas (ILB/Florida State)

Very athletic tall LB. Has ability to be a good blitz guy as well. His instincts are still raw, but he has a ton of natural athletic ability that is coachable.

6th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP)

ST guy and depth at CB. Likes to play press coverage.

7th: Michael Badgley (K/ Miami)

Camp battle at K that Cat will win I’m sure.

24 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Alvin Kamarra is 3 inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier than Jones is... that's a massive difference. I dont see that comparison at all. 

My bad didn’t know size meant that guys can’t have similar playing styles? Come on man!!! If anything Jones is a better rusher than Kamara. Jones has very good receiving skills and is fast (hint why I compared him to Kamara).

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My bad didn’t know size meant that guys can’t have similar playing styles? Come on man!!! If anything Jones is a better rusher than Kamara. Jones has very good receiving skills and is fast (hint why I compared him to Kamara).

Its all about that base. 15 lbs means his legs are stronger and being shorter means he has better balance. If you think size doesnt matter in the NFL then that's on you haha

6 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Its all about that base. 15 lbs means his legs are stronger and being shorter means he has better balance. If you think size doesnt matter in the NFL then that's on you haha

That would be implying that Jones is strictly a bounce outside scat, speed back. Which he’s not. He’s a do it all back. You’re making it sound like he’s Bryce Love. I’d venture to guess Jones shows up at the combine 210lbs. Or close to that. That’s far from a small back. He has no problem running between the tackles. And that’s what matters. This isn’t Reggie Bush.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That would be implying that Jones is strictly a bounce outside scat, speed back. Which he’s not. He’s a do it all back. You’re making it sound like he’s Bryce Love. I’d venture to guess Jones shows up at the combine 210lbs. Or close to that. That’s far from a small back. He has no problem running between the tackles. And that’s what matters. This isn’t Reggie Bush.

Lol i just said i didnt see the Comp, not that hes a bad player. Kamarra reminds me more of a faster MJD. Jones reminds me more of a Tiki Barber type of back.

I wasnt critizicing the pick or player, i just didnt agree with that comparison. 

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Lol i just said i didnt see the Comp, not that hes a bad player. Kamarra reminds me more of a faster MJD. Jones reminds me more of a Tiki Barber type of back.

I wasnt critizicing the pick or player, i just didnt agree with that comparison. 

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Love this mock. Would love to bring in a bigger outside receiver not for big money but like a Terrelle Pryor or trade for Martavis Bryant. Other than that I give it 5*

I wasn’t sure on cap room after the signings I made. I actually had Jordan Matthews signed to us in this and then got rid of it. But I’d like to see us add a guy like him if we have enough cap space in a FA like this. I’d assume we’d cut Kearse if we addded Matthews and Hamilton in this situation as well.

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

New York Jets 2018 Offseason

Cuts:

Buster Skrine: disappointing Jets career.

Matt Forte: respect the guys career, but it’s time to go.

Mo Wilkerson: he isn’t worth 1/2 his salary anymore.

James Carpenter: doesn’t fit our ZBS.

We cut a few small names and We head into FA with 110mill in cap space roughly.

Resign:

Quincy Enunwa: 2nd Round tender.

Morris Claiborne: when healthy he’s a good #2 CB.

Demario Davis: no player has earned a contract more than this guy.

Kony Ealy: a change of scenery has seemed to spark his career. Losing Mo means nothing with resigning him. At least Ealy tries.

Chandler Catanzaro: he’s been a solid K for us.

Jonathan Harrison: backup center.

Terrance Brooks: good rotational safety behind our young guys.

Dakota Dozier: good OLine depth.

Julian Stanford: ST value.

(All these resigns cost between 25-30mill)

Free Agency:

QB: Kirk Cousins: Guys like this don’t hit FA often. He has a good 7+yrs or so of high talent football left in him. The QB drought is officially over.

CB: EJ Gaines: Love his size to be able to bang with big WRs. Very good tackler as well. Him and Claiborne are neither #1 CBs, but they’re both good #2s. I think Claiborne will be better just by having a guy like Gaines opposite him I should note.

C: Ryan Jensen: Big upgrade at Center that gives us stability this franchise loves at C.

TE: Trey Burton: Becomes our poor mans Jordan Reed for Cousins. ASJ wants too much money and we move on from him in this way.

OG: Jack Mewhort: Very talented young OG, health is his only issue. Macc has shown to take shots on guys like this in the past. When healthy he's a great OG.

CB: Aaron Colvin: Colvin becomes our slot corner. The Skrine experiment didn't work out, hopefully this one does. Loved Colvin in the draft a few years back.

Draft:

1st: Quenton Nelson (OG/Notre Dame)

Just a mauler of an OG. No exaggeration in that he is Zach Martin good that can dominate interior DLineman to create holes for RBs. We trade away Winters for nothing post draft for a late round pick next year. Beachum, Nelson, Jensen, Mewhort, Shell is a darn good OLine.

2nd: Ronald Jones III (RB/USC)

I see a star RB in this guy. Actually reminds me quite a bit of Kamara. We’ve always had a good run game when we’ve been good. Jones gets us back to that. (Jones is my man crush prospect this draft).

2nd (from Seattle): Uchenna Nwosu (Edge/USC)

This guy is exactly what Macc likes. Athletic high motor guy with big time leadership skills. There was for sure a trend in Macc's picks last year and this one is no different in a high character leader type guy. I see a raw Clay Matthews in his game. Think he might be ablet to be that 10 sack guy we've been craving.

3rd: DaeSean Hamilton (WR/Penn State)

Excellent Route Runner. Shows good quickness and has good enough speed. Really impressed at the Senior Bowl and I expect him to do the same at the combine and his pro day.

4th: Durham Smythe (TE/ Notre Dame)

Smythe is more a do it all TE unlike ASJ and Leggett. He’s a better blocker than both and has some receiving skills.

5th: Matthew Thomas (ILB/Florida State)

Very athletic tall LB. Has ability to be a good blitz guy as well. His instincts are still raw, but he has a ton of natural athletic ability that is coachable.

6th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP)

ST guy and depth at CB. Likes to play press coverage.

7th: Michael Badgley (K/ Miami)

Camp battle at K that Cat will win I’m sure.

We are on a whole different page on this one.

I like it.  In terms of the Kamara comp, I don't think it's exactly spot-on even though I get why you made it.  I think Kamara is shiftier while Jones has better overall speed.  I think Jones might be the better runner, but Kamara's the better receiver.  To me, he reminds me of Demarco Murray.  I think Murray might have been slightly quicker with Jones being slightly more powerful in terms of when they came out. Similarly-sized, ran upright, and both were patient runners that could explode at any time.

Archived