OL a bigger need than you think

dawgpound1816

6 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

I truly believe Billy Price will make it to #33. Is that too high for Tretters successor?  I like Price, and would love to have him between Zeitler & Bitonio. 

Tretter is like 27, why are we drafting his successor?  

Speaking of Bitonio and his athleticism, is he capable of playing RT "IF" the Browns deem Nelson the pick at 4?

Maybe.  What if he can’t?  Then what?

If the Browns choose to take a Qb early, his best friends are the guys protecting him 1st. It would be imperative to protect your investments. 

How bad do you think our OL is?  Look around the league, we’re doing ok.

It's very possible the Browns 1st 4 picks could be all offense. 2 OL, 1 Qb & 1 RB. 

2 OL now??? Why not 3?  Why not only OL? We could run the wing T.  Fullback in the 2nd?

I feel defense will be the focus of FA.

Very possible, but I think they take a balanced approach.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How many games does having a dominant guard win you?

Who are the 4 starting guards for NE and PHI, no Google?

WHo is the starting ANYONE for NE other than Brady?  We cant draft a QB at every pick.

I would agree though, top 4 for a guard is a bit high.  Like, a lot high  

2 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Rather than spending high picks on the line this year, maybe there are some free agents we can snag.  I dont know who is available though.

I don’t even mind high pick, as in round two, if we’re grabbing Thomas’s eventual replacement, but with all the problems with this roster I can’t imagine dumping too any resources into a position group that is plenty talented to win with.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tretter is like 27, why are we drafting his successor?  

Due to his possible contract buyout, or the Browns feel the position can be upgraded with the likes of Price.

Maybe.  What if he can’t?  Then what?

It was just a question of opinion bro.

How bad do you think our OL is?  Look around the league, we’re doing ok.

Like what was stated. The Browns have great OGs, but that's the only position solidified until Joe commits to coming back. Then the Browns still are okay at LT for 1 more year.

2 OL now??? Why not 3?  Why not only OL? We could run the wing T.  Fullback in the 2nd?

If that's what you want. Cool. I'm speaking of possibilities that can happen if 3 OL positions need filled or upgraded.

Very possible, but I think they take a balanced approach.

I agree that it will be somewhat balanced, but DL & DB will strong this FA.

10 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Rather than spending high picks on the line this year, maybe there are some free agents we can snag.  I dont know who is available though.

OT isn't a strength this FA that's for sure. 

For sure I'm not saying the Browns need to draft OL high or want them too, but looking at how Dorsey drafted Fisher before losing their OT the next year. How Green Bay coveted OL year in and year out and the Browns have half their FO....that's why I think it's possible.

Just now, dawgpound1816 said:

For sure I'm not saying the Browns need to draft OL high or want them too, but looking at how Dorsey drafted Fisher before losing their OT the next year. How Green Bay coveted OL year in and year out and the Browns have half their FO....that's why I think it's possible.

The Fisher pick is relevant as it occured in an overall weak draft, which is what I think this draft is, with some positional exceptions (e.g., RB and CB) that we will be able to capitalize on later in the draft.

51 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ah

The yearly spend a high pick on o-line thread

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right!?!?

So, what do you both think about our OL?

Is it a position of strength or not so much?

And what would you do if an apparent blue chip OL guy is available where we pick?

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So, what do you both think about our OL?

Is it a position of strength or not so much?

And what would you do if an apparent blue chip OL guy is available where we pick?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t even mind high pick, as in round two, if we’re grabbing Thomas’s eventual replacement, but with all the problems with this roster I can’t imagine dumping too any resources into a position group that is plenty talented to win with.

Archived