Offseason Trade Targets

ashnathan

Crank up the Sherman rumours again, its in full swing. What are your trade targets that are somewhat realistic?

Names being thrown around are Sherman and Talib, out of those two id take Sherman if Seattle are willing to deal. I'd also keep an eye on Martavis Bryant, if hes still disgruntled with the Steelers he might be available and would be Cooks with height and reach.

As a side note, does anyone think Cooks could be traded this offseason?

I don't think we're going to make any headline worthy trades. We only have 5 picks for this year's draft as of now.

Sherman is expected to stay in Seattle. Even if they started to field offers for him, draft picks and $11m of cap space for a guy that recently ruptured his Achilles isn't worth it. It's far more likely we go after Talib because he's probably going to be cut.

And no, we're not trading Cooks. Zero chance that happens. He's in the team's long term plans.

Cooks sucks (okay, not completely, but he is limited to the sideline comebacks and go routes a la Brandon Lloyd) and I would feel better knowing be isn't in the teams future plans. Quite honestly I'd be surprised if be is signed to an extention. Trade him? Yeah, get him out while you get a late first or more likely a second for him.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Cooks sucks (okay, not completely, but he is limited to the sideline comebacks and go routes a la Brandon Lloyd) and I would feel better knowing be isn't in the teams future plans. Quite honestly I'd be surprised if be is signed to an extention. Trade him? Yeah, get him out while you get a late first or more likely a second for him.

My thoughts too, as much as he says he loves it in Foxboro, money talks and I dont see him re-signing here so moving him for a good piece or picks may be a good option. But, maybe he is in the long term, and if Bill does hang it up after this year maybe the whole organisation when it comes to paying players etc will change with a new coach/GM

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Cooks sucks

No. Player  Age Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds
Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% YScm RRTD Fmb
87 Rob Gronkowski*+ 28 TE 14 14 0 0 0 0   0.0 0.0 105 69 1084 15.7 8 53 4.9 77.4 65.7% 1084 8 1
14 Brandin Cooks 24 WR 16 15 9 40 0 13 4.4 2.5 0.6 114 65 1082 16.6 7 64 4.1 67.6 57.0% 1122 7 0

Yea him and that Gronkowski guy. Woof, who wants guys who put up those kinda numbers on a top tier offense? I mean, anyone can lead a team like the Patriots in yards and TDs

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:
No. Player  Age Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds
Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% YScm RRTD Fmb
87 Rob Gronkowski*+ 28 TE 14 14 0 0 0 0   0.0 0.0 105 69 1084 15.7 8 53 4.9 77.4 65.7% 1084 8 1
14 Brandin Cooks 24 WR 16 15 9 40 0 13 4.4 2.5 0.6 114 65 1082 16.6 7 64 4.1 67.6 57.0% 1122 7 0

Yea him and that Gronkowski guy. Woof, who wants guys who put up those kinda numbers on a top tier offense? I mean, anyone can lead a team like the Patriots in yards and TDs

I still lol at 69 receptions every damn time I see it

I expected Cooks to be less one dimensional. That's all. I'm impressed by the season he had in terms of statistics, surpassed my expectations. Guy just can't get YAC. Great deep threat and pretty good at using the sideline. I think a more well rounded receiver would allow the offense to flow better because Brady could go through his options instead of being limited to bombing it to Cooks, which isn't the strength of Brady's game. Just my opinion.

Just like to say, im not campaigning for a trade of Cooks, I just wondered, given the situation with his contract and the fact Bill won't pay him top dollar, and also the fact that his value would be quite high, I could see the possibility of him being traded. Im 50/50, his game would be dominant if he was remotely a vertical threat but he likes the ball falling to him, he doesnt like going up to get it. Saying that, I'd be more than happy to have him back, especially given Mitchell and Edelman will be ready to go, and hopefully Danny will be back, add into that Hogan not missing half the season, the offense will be number 1 in the league, book it. A lot of that hinges on Gronk too though.

I think as constructed the offense is more than capable of winning the superbowl, its the otherside of the ball that needs massive overhauling.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I expected Cooks to be less one dimensional. That's all. I'm impressed by the season he had in terms of statistics, surpassed my expectations. Guy just can't get YAC. Great deep threat and pretty good at using the sideline. I think a more well rounded receiver would allow the offense to flow better because Brady could go through his options instead of being limited to bombing it to Cooks, which isn't the strength of Brady's game. Just my opinion.

Cooks never really did a great job of getting YAC in New Orleans. The Saints did a good job of getting him one on one in slant and drag routes, but he was never a shifty guy. He is a good deep threat and can runs some nice routes, but can't really create a huge play when nothing is there. It was always one of the things I hoped he would get better at when he played for the Saints.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Cooks is one of the worst open field runners at the WR position that I have ever seen, and yet he is still a top tier WR production wise and efficiency wise.  

It's like some of us can't accept that pretty much all players have both weak points and strong points. You can't expect all of our players to be like Brady and Gronk and have virtually zero black marks on their game. Cooks' skillset means he's always a big play just waiting to happen and that's why I'd want him to be on the team in the long run.

Gilmore used to have issues with consistency in Buffalo that seemed to transfer over to us, but he ended the season as a shutdown cornerback. Perhaps the same can happen to Cooks and he cleans up his weaknesses. He'll only be 25 when the next season starts and he has shown he has an idea of the offense. It's a lot better than garbage like Aaron Dobson, Kenbrall Thompkins and Reche Caldwell.

30 minutes ago, Trivium1990 said:

Hey guys been hearing rumors of Marcus Peters in KC may be shopped (rumor stated he was disgruntled) whats the chance that The Patriots do another Cooks deal and trade their 1st or 2nd round pick for him?

Hopefully there's a chance they'd trade Cooks straight up for Peters.

Archived