Offseason Trade Targets

ashnathan

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Marcus Peters. I don't know why Cooper was the name that came to mind.

My bad. I understand. I guess I'd maybe side with Cooks over Peters but the thing I wanted to see and am happy happened was a deal for either a first or (at least mid) second, or a talented vet like Peters.

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, LD696 said:

I do not trust Thuney enough and however highly I think of Wynn, he's still just a rookie, who will have his hiccups adjusting to the NFL game (if he even plays guard). I wouldn't be happy.

I'd take a trade if we got enough. He's not coming back with the market as it is.

I trust Thuney to move to the right side and perform if Shaq is gone, but to trade now when the line is already banged up makes it hard to see happening. At this point, ride out with the team in place, try to win the Super Bowl, and next year everything will change.

8 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I'd take a trade if we got enough. He's not coming back with the market as it is.

I think going from McCourty to Thomas is a lesser upgrade than the downgrade of going from Mason to Thuney is. I know they probably can't retain him after this year, but I'd take a year of stable O-line play than upgrade at a position that doesn't really need an upgrade. That's of course, if we're talking about the scenario outlined in the article.

What do you think would be a fair compensation for Mason in any other scenario?

6 hours ago, LD696 said:

I'd take a year of stable O-line play than upgrade at a position that doesn't really need an upgrade.

Especially since the secondary is pretty competitive already. Although a safety like Earl Thomas would be a difference maker defensively.

6 hours ago, LD696 said:

What do you think would be a fair compensation for Mason in any other scenario?

A third round pick to start since his contract offers in free agency will be pretty high most likely. If the Pats got a second round pick I think most fans would be comfortable with that in the offseason. I don't see any reason to trade Mason though. Unless you could package Mason with a draft pick and get a QB of the future or a difference maker on defense particularly at linebacker.

Archived