FM30's Draft Thread

flyingmonkey30

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

And there will be scouting reports coming on most/all of these guys as well?

That's my goal and vision, but it'll just depend on how much time I'll have. I'll definitely write up reports on the guys we end up drafting, but hopefully I'll get several up beforehand as well. Reports probably will come about after the combine when I do second viewings.

24 minutes ago, JWingate said:

Why is Rosen so low for you? I think he is the best QB in  the class that is why I am asking.

So low? He's number two for me. I think his athleticism is a minor concern, along with durability and maybe some overconfidence in his arm. I still like Rosen a lot, but I really love Baker. I hate that I love Baker, by the way.

6 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

So low? He's number two for me. I think his athleticism is a minor concern, along with durability and maybe some overconfidence in his arm. I still like Rosen a lot, but I really love Baker. I hate that I love Baker, by the way.

Sorry, that is my mistake. I thought you had Darnold over him. I am not sure what it is, but I don't like how the ball comes out of Mayfield's hand and Darnold's throwing motion is a big issue to me.

4 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Love Mayfield's confidence and swagger, but being a shade over 6' is a about as big a deal breaker as you could find for me. Curious to see how he does over next 2 months.

34 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Love Mayfield's confidence and swagger, but being a shade over 6' is a about as big a deal breaker as you could find for me. Curious to see how he does over next 2 months.

I'm not as concerned since we've seen shorter QBs succeed, but yeah, obviously it would help him if he were 6'2 at least.

Think most expected or know Orlando Brown wasn't going to put up great athletic numbers or get by on athletic ability....but he put up some really bad numbers. Like lowest in Combine history low. How far you see him falling? I don't think a huge free fall is out of the question

On 2/18/2018 at 12:34 AM, WizardHawk said:

I have watched every snap Mayfield has taken in the NCAA at least twice, and many of them ive watched at least four times. I cannot get enough of this kid. He is so fun to watch.

I havent seen his height be a real problem. He really sets himself up well and positions himself for an ideal passing window.

Also..is two and a half inches of height that big of a difference? Guys at 6'3" are fine, but at around 6'1" or so, youre too short? Its not a huge difference.

Mayfield is my top passer this year. He is going to be a star - and yes, if only so he can brag to everyone how much of a star he is. 

On 2/18/2018 at 12:25 AM, flyingmonkey30 said:

What do you see in Rosen that makes him your #2, ahead of Darnold? Darnold is far more complete and  a safer option, albeit doesnt show much for stardom. But there is something to be said for the less exciting, more complete player.

Rosen has the makings of a high effeciency passer and continually finds a way to pull things out of nowhere. Its exciting and he has good star potential...but he is also the less "safer" pick of the two Id think.

I kind of view it as something similar to Peyton vs Ryan in the late 90s. NOT THAT either willbe a Leaf or a Manning, haha. But that a lot of people favored the exciting prospects of a higher ceiling guy of Leaf over the safer Peyton selection, to the point Indy was chastized for picking Peyton. Obviously it worked out great for them, and again who knows hkw these two will end up 5 years from now...but the situation is similar.

15 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I have watched every snap Mayfield has taken in the NCAA at least twice, and many of them ive watched at least four times. I cannot get enough of this kid. He is so fun to watch.

I havent seen his height be a real problem. He really sets himself up well and positions himself for an ideal passing window.

Also..is two and a half inches of height that big of a difference? Guys at 6'3" are fine, but at around 6'1" or so, youre too short? Its not a huge difference.

Mayfield is my top passer this year. He is going to be a star - and yes, if only so he can brag to everyone how much of a star he is. 

Game is changing so maybe there is some hope. But, there has to be difference. Brees, Russell, Taylor....that's 3 in the 6' neighborhood. When was the last one before those guys with any success? Flutie?  

Don't get me wrong. Mayfield's confidence and some of that "it" factor is off the charts. I'm just not one to bet on such long odds. If I were a GM, I'd be hard pressed to bet my high pick on him. For whatever reasons, NFL simply isn't geared towards short QBs and there is decades worth of proof. 

Archived