• Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas
    • Da'Ron Payne [ DT ] Alabama
    • Josh Jackson [ CB ] Iowa
    • Mike Hughes [ CB ] UCF
    • Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU
    • Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/18/2018 at 09:17 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Raiders Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Defense: Literally every position group on the Raiders’ defense needs upgrading. Oakland doesn’t get enough pass rush from anywhere but OLB Khalil Mack, and the Raiders’ run defense has been middling at best for years. Navorro Bowman improved Oakland’s inside linebacker play late last season, but his contract is up. With slot CB T.J. Carrie also headed for free agency, all five nickel-package jobs in the secondary should be up for competitive grabs. 

Offensive Tackle: LT Donald Penn is still playing at a high level, but he turns 35 in April and is coming off foot surgery. RT Marshall Newhouse is the one major weakness on the Raiders’ line. 

Wide Receiver: The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported in December that the Raiders plan to move on from Michael Crabtree for a combination of production and locker-room concerns. Otherwise, Oakland lacks starting-caliber wide receivers aside from Amari Cooper. Wideout would remain a need even if Crabtree stays. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland

11.Miami

12.Cincinnati

13.Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

I'm torn on Vea, Derwin, and Roquan. I think Derwin could be the pick here if we could use him like a LB hybrid who can play all over the place. That being said, depending on what happens with Ellis, Vea could be a very good pick. Roquan is a plug and play and he isn't very big, but the guy is a stud. My gut says we'll take Roquan Smith here in the draft.

16 hours ago, Forge said:

No love for vea? I thought for sure he'd be high on the raiders list

Raider fans can be a bit numb sometimes. New DC says straight out that they draft line and secondary first and foremost, Raider fans follow the crowd on R. Smith. Doesn't make much sense.

On the flip side, we actually have no real idea what McKenzie and Gruden will do. McKenzie seems to like to try and outsmart himself yearly, and we have no idea what real power Gruden has over the process at this point. 

Vita Vea would solve a lot of their DL problems. He'd draw double teams every play and let Khalil Mack feast off the edge. He'd also keep linebackers clean.

My second pick was Marcus Davenport. They could use another edge rusher and while he doesn't have the same powerful build, Davenport reminds me a lot of Khalil Mack in terms of the way they both win--with violent hands and tenacity.

I just feel that a lot of Oakland's problems are because their defensive front can't hold up. Adding a scrape linebacker isn't going to fix that. Getting a monster to place in the middle of your defense solves a bevvy of those issues. I can't imagine any C in that division being able to block Vea.

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I went 

Derwin James

Roquan

Derwin is BPA your not getting a player like him later in the draft

Roquan is probably best fit but you can find good LBs later for sure 

They already have Karl Joseph. Derwin James could play FS, but I like Obi Melifonwu a lot and think he will end up at FS this year for them.

20 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

They already have Karl Joseph. Derwin James could play FS, but I like Obi Melifonwu a lot and think he will end up at FS this year for them.

I forgot about Obi I think Karl could move to FS but with Obi at FS and Joseph at SS James isn't a great fit. Great talent though 

Archived